Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Huttsey

Fiesta Mk6!

4 posts in this topic

Afternoon!

I'm looking into buying a used Fiesta Mk6 Zetec (can't afford the new one) but I'm not sure with what engine to go for. I currently have a 10-year-old 1.3 Ka which is nippy in the town but can be a bit sluggish on the motorway which I find quite annoying! I've been told that the 1.25 Zetec is a brilliant engine but will I get the same "nippyness" that I get from the Ka? What's the 1.25 like on the motorway?

Thanks!

1.25 in a mk6 is rubbish up hills an on motorways, the 1.3 ka is so much better i tihnk,.. if i was u go for a 1.4 or at least 1.6 fiesta.

If you are doing a lot of motorway driving, I would recommend a diesel.

My 1.4 TDCi Mk6 Zetec is also nippy around town and returns good mpg - 51.6 at the moment.

Don't get the 1.25 it's gutless! If your going for a petrol at least get the 1.4 as it's a lot nippier and sits a lot better on the motorway!