Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noise From Front Wheell/hub

Badman

I have a problem with my 2006 2.0l tdci estate. Last year I had 4 new tyres fitted in October, the front offside one has worn so bad I have just had to replace it. I had the tracking checked just after the new tyres were fitted and it was ok. I have now noticed a noise,I think it is from the offside wheel, when the car is moving forwards and either left or right steering is applied it seems to "rumble". Could it be the wheel bearing ?, Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Could be the CV joints. Can you describe the noise further? is it a low pitched rumble, or more like a squeal? is it from the second you start turning the wheel, or after a 3/4 turn for example?

The noise becomes audible @ around 15/ 20 mph and sounds like a rumble but it also sounds as if something is catching. The noise is almost inaudible when steering is straight ahead, it becomes slightly worse when turned to right but becomes quite noticeable when turned to left, it can also be felt through steering wheel at that point. The noise does not get worse on full lock, as would be expected if C.V was worn.

I had similar issues when it was the CV but it could be that it is just wearing as opposed to completely worn.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club