Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Break Discs Are Getting Hot While Driving

charroll

Please could someone give me an idea as to why the brake discs on my Fiesta 1.3 Endure would be getting hot. I have tried stripping them down and cleaning them but this has nto worked. Any help and advise would be gratefully recieved

I take it getting hot whilst driving and not breaking if that's the case you have something touching against them I would imagine or rubbing against them. Does it feel like it's breaking as you're driving or hear rubbing as you're driving along.

It does not feel like it is breaking but it is slowing the car down slightly if that makes sense, It is only on the front left brake. Also the car is not pulling to the side or anything.

Could be the answer.

I am assuming it's the rear brakes getting hot?

The handbrake engages one of the pair of pads on either side of the rears and if not correctly adjusted will stay in contact even when the handbrake light is off.

It does not feel like it is breaking but it is slowing the car down slightly if that makes sense, It is only on the front left brake. Also the car is not pulling to the side or anything.

if its only the front left then handbrake can be ruled out straight away.

most likely a siezed piston inside the brake caliper as you say you cleaned the brakes, did you re-grease after cleaning the brakes ie the sliding bolts things like that.

Ah, missed where you said front brake.

In that case a jammed/siezed piston on one side is logical.

Thanks peps will get hubby to have a look at that tomorrow. If that doesn't solve it i will ask for more advise.

Hi think you will have to change the brake caliper on that side but best to do both or get one from a scrap yard as this is a old car. When they start to stick not a lot you can do to fix them .Some times if the pads are worn this can make them stick a new set of pads and a good clean may sort it?If you change the caliper you will have fit new pads so you can give it a go first.If the pads have worn out as they have been stuck on, this may have worn the disks?

The more you drive it like this the more it will cost to fix it.To test it jack up the car on the side that sticks if you can spin the wheel freely when hot stuck caliper is not the fault.(The wheel May be HOT)so take care.

it could also be a problem with the flexable brake pipe not letting the fluid return.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club