Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

aeaguilar

Focus Problem

7 posts in this topic

Hi! I have a ford focus 1.8 2005 model. My problem is when i start the engine my headlights are flashing, maybe like 2 or 3 flickers then it stops when the engine is running.. Can it be connected to the alam system of the car? Pls help! Thanks!

Sounds more likely to be a symptom that your battery is dying.

To confirm, do you have headlights switched off when your starting the car?

sounds like your battery is dying will likely need a replacement, so you will need a silver calcium replacement

sent using the Ford OC app for android.

Thanks! Will have it check.. But another one is just this morning my alarm signals flashing for about a minute. Can it also be related to the battery? Sorry for asking too many things.. :)

Its quite probable to be honest. Even if the battery reports its OK, it could still have a warped cell, so I would prepare a backup plan in case you dont purchase a repacement battery.