Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transit 110 Tdci 2007

demikai

Hi all new to sight so just going to put my problem out there and hope for the best I have a engine management light on 2007 transit code relates to mass air flow sensor also rough idle I believe it's called hunting judders occasionally on low revs but no limp mode still drives fine I have cleaned the sensor and removed egr valve to clean that I noticed the egr valve has been blanked of any ideas would be appreciated

check fuse 28 in engine bay fuse box, this feeds the mass air flow sensor and the intake air temp sensor...should be a 15a fuse.

just to confirm its a 2.2 tdci....might be a different set up otherwise

sorry, yes it should be a 5a, 15a is for petrol version for 02 sensors.

i'll see if i can dig out some tests for mass sensor

can you remember the exact code you got

is the sensor a 4 wire or 6 wire sensor

got a feeling it will be a 4wire, in which case i dont have any info on it to test

No not exact code but I found out that blanking the egr on mk7 brings eml on

And apparently gives maf fault so I'm hoping that will solve that but just can't understand the ruff idle

Maf sensor an egr on closed loop circuit I think egr fault always throws maf sensor fault at same time

if the code for mass comes back after putting the egr back as it should (if your still going to do that) then check for air leaks after the mass as that would be unregulated air and give rough idle

thats mass, range higher than expected

have never blanked a euro4 egr, so not sure if thats a code that flags when you do

do remember though that there was a common fault with the fuel pressure sensor on the end of the rail....think they needed an update or something like that, but symptoms were rough idle and hunting...pretty sure this was specific to 2.2...not saying its your fault but might be worth looking into

Yes going to put the egr back on do full service and clear codes and then if I still have ruff idle I will go from there I noticed it looked like the egr was swapping from were the blank plate had been fitted looked like oil leak but was coming from between gasket and blank plate don't no if that makes any diffrence

Yeah I would agree with wase egr prob throw in on that fault an if u remove sensor an check it they come apart ford recommend replace that an imv valve at same time an that fuel rail sensor don't always throw on code or eml but when u replace this u need get pump learned again an u will be prob wanna check for PCM update aswell

its possible as where the oil is leaking it could also suck in air.

think they were metal gaskets so should be able to see if there is a problem...going by the oil leak, you might need to clean all the pipes out too as chances are they will be clogged before the blanking plate.

that rings a bell, mick

take out the pressure sensor it falls apart, and even if it doesnt they suggest new sensor and update....sure that was the 2.2

Sorry last bit of that message confused me a bit when you say replace sensor do you mean maf and somtware update

Makes sense but what do you mean learn pump

To be honest can't which member engine size just had that on transit no faults rough idle took out rail sensor broke up replaced with suction control valve(imv valve) on back of injection pump ford recommend but I have often just replaced rail sensor an PCM update

sensor is on end of fuel rail, take off the air filter casing and you will see it