Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESP + Traction control

jack

Can the ESP + Traction control be turned on and off on the new fiesta?.

Thanks.

Can the ESP + Traction control be turned on and off on the new fiesta?.

Thanks.

Sorry Jack, but no they can't.

The titanium x pack comes with esp. The zetec s comes with ESP + Traction control. can you give more info please?

The titanium x pack comes with esp. The zetec s comes with ESP + Traction control. can you give more info please?

I can turn off ESP on my Zetec S.

Paul

How? What is the esp?

As far as my understanding ESP is traction control, just the next development of it!???

Electronic Stability Program!

Basically if you car becomes out of control the car can slow down/brake any of the 4 wheels to try and correct the course the car is facing in, while not skidding in the mean time!

Check out "Ford ESP" in google, there are plenty of articles and info on it. I got it on my current Fiesta ST, very impressive if you try and rally the car around. Basically fighting against u to keep the car in order on the road, and it wins!

hope helps.

Turned off by button under Aircon .

Now that's weird because when I first saw the Fiesta it was a Zetec S TDCi and you could turn off ESP.

I ordered a Titanium because of the extra goodies and you definitely can't turn it off.

What is happening here I wonder? :rolleyes:

I saw a Zetec s today and underneath the air con and heater buttons was three buttons, I could just about make out one for the Esp and the other 2 looked blank.

Now that's weird because when I first saw the Fiesta it was a Zetec S TDCi and you could turn off ESP.

I ordered a Titanium because of the extra goodies and you definitely can't turn it off.

What is happening here I wonder? :rolleyes:

Thats a bit odd, maybe you can turn it off on the ZS because its a 'sport' version.

Would like to know if anyone has a Titanium with a traction control off button...?

if you go into the menu system there should be an option to switch esp off... cant see why you would want to tho....

ESP is abs + traction control.... basically it monitors the abs sensors and wheel speeds... it only kicks in when u adjust the steering i.e

If your going round a corner at 60mph and the car starts to understeer but you dont adjust the steering the esp wont do anthing... traction control may kick in...

if your going round a corner at 60mph and car starts to understeer if you tug the steering it engages the esp system forcing the car to correct itself using the braking system...

if you wanna try it properly get a big empty space... drive at 30mph and swerve like u were gonna hit something... you should basically dodge it! the idea is if u swerve to avoid an accident it will stop ur car rolling or loosing control!

( i work for ford so get all the rubbish training!! mind u have some fun on test tracks in loughbourgh!!)

I saw a Zetec s today and underneath the air con and heater buttons was three buttons, I could just about make out one for the Esp and the other 2 looked blank.

I only have air circulation and air con - theres no 3 buttons under mine look:

car004.jpg

Im sure its in the menu system.... i know the focus is on the menu settings... il look tmw on my way to work and let you know! you can defo switch it off for track days etc

You don't get ESP as standard on any model, ESP is part of the Street pack (Option).. of which you get ESP (inc EBA), 17" alloys and privacy glass. And the Titanium X Pack of which you get 17" alloys, ESP (inc EBA) and Leather trim.

The buttons you see are two blanked off and the one very left is the ESP switch off (when illuminated).

Click image to enlarge

th_IMG_3375s.jpg

Im going to have to read this here manual lol, dont know what anything does on the control panel, there could be one that actually drives the car for me, for all I know.

I have a Fiesta Titanium with X pack... and it has no esp button!! checked menus etc and im FOOKED if i can find it! has a coin holder below heater controls!!

if anybody has figured it out feel free to let me know!! lol

( i work for ford so get all the rubbish training!! mind u have some fun on test tracks in loughbourgh!!)

I agree Ronnie--in normal circumstances, why would you want to turn it off?

Just curious...........where's the test tracks in Loughborough?

Is it near Prestwold or Wymeswold?

The ON/OFF button must only be on the Zetec S. Anyone got a good idea why?

The ON/OFF button must only be on the Zetec S. Anyone got a good idea why?

:lol: Because Mr Clarkson ALWAYS turns off traction an anything remotely sporty..You know that! :lol:

Paul

So was the general consensus that the ESP could NOT be turned off in the Titanium?

Absolutely, 100%---you cannot turn off ESP on the Titanium.

you can defo turn it off and on, i dont know what model fiesta jeremy clarkson tested on top gear, but if you waych the video in one scene ,i think its inside the shoping centre, you can see the traction control off light is lit up on his dash, i reconised the symbol straight away as i used to have it on my st dash as i used to turn it off regulary

you can defo turn it off and on, i dont know what model fiesta jeremy clarkson tested on top gear, but if you waych the video in one scene ,i think its inside the shoping centre, you can see the traction control off light is lit up on his dash, i reconised the symbol straight away as i used to have it on my st dash as i used to turn it off regulary

On a Titanium you definitely can't!

Trust me, I know..........I've got one!!!

To be fair though, it's the first car I've had where you can't turn it off!! :rolleyes:

seems wierd that the titanium wont let it be turned off, spoils your fun lol, glad i went with the zete s even more now, i dont know what model he tested like i said,'ll have a look on you tube

edit: just watched the vid, funny as....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BMmKKCef18

its at 4.44 into the vid where the light is shown as off, dont know what model trim hes driving tho.

• 2 weeks later...

Since there's no on/off switch how shall I check, other than by hurtling around a test track, that the ESP which I ordered as an extra for my long-awaited 5-door Titanium has actually been fitted?

I read in a review somewhere that the ESP is "over-intrusive". What does that mean in practice and would owners with experience agree?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club