Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Automatic Wipers Problem.

Ford_King

Hi, when I´m using my automatic wipers and it is heavy rain, the driver side wiper sometimes hit the A-pillar. This happens maybe on every third wipe or so, and I can hear it hitting. And it seems like it never quite wipes the same area, sometimes it doesn't go back down all the way either.

And when the wipers are resting in the downward position, the one on the driver side stops before it goes all the way down, but when I turn the wipers of it goes down the last bit and rest atop of the passenger side one. Maybe this is a feature?

Anyone know anything about this?

I have this on my CMAX, or at least I used to!

the issue is that if you remove the wiper arm, if you put it in about 2 mm too high, you end up with this issue.

When the wipers are flat on the bottom, they should be in line with black marking on the windscreen, if they are above, then you need to realign the arms.

• Like 1

Ok, thanks. I´ll have a look at that tomorrow and see if I can´t figure it out.

The wiper arm where it attaches to the rotating shaft is slotted so move it one slot lower once you've loosen the wiper.

If you neee a guide how to remove the wiper safely take a look at lenny guide under focus guides for "egr blank" the first few part of this explains how to remove the wipers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club