Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Mk4 Clutch And Pedal

Peppermint Giraffe

I've recently had a problem with the clutch on my Mondeo mk4.

Last Monday, I depressed it, and it didn't return. Over the past week or so, I've noticed a bit of rattling when the clutch isn't depressed compared to when it's in gear and stationary.

I managed to get it to the Ford Dealer close to where I live, but it has taken until today before they have had a chance to even look at it.

Now, I'm casting no aspirations, but the reason I post this question on the Forum is because I live in France (I am English). In the past, I've felt I've been massively overcharged for simple work, so I don't want it happening again.

The mechanic says that the whole clutch needs to be replaced, and maybe the hydraulic parts too, but he won't know that until the car is taken apart. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the actual clutch, so I was amazed when he said he had to renew it.

Does anyone know if what he's saying is entirely correct? If so, which parts would be needed, and in the UK what would be cost for doing all that work?

I'd be grateful if someone English could enlighten me!

hi there they are hydraulic thrust bearings hence rattle its also part slave cylinder if it has leaked it might have contaminated the clutch plate,and seing the box is out to change the bearing it normaly makes sence to change clutch plate to

Could be dual mass flywheel and regards most people recommend replacing clutch an slave at same time so one don't go few months later after all money u pay it's at least 5 hours work don't wanna be paying same few months later

Thanks for the replies.
So it seems he's right what he's saying. I didn't disbelieve him as its a Dealership - it was really a case of wanting to know what would be needed in the worst case scenario.

Can I assume then, that the thrust bearing needs replacing, the slave cylinder too, and whilst they're at it, they might as well replace the clutch as it's all in bits anyway?

And the labour is least 5 hours for all that? Doesn't seem like enough!

Worst case is flywheel clutch an slave cylinder bearing built into slave these only parts inside gearbox like some garages might charge more but 5 hours labour plus parts could run up to a grand or more in dealership but that worst case hopefully it's not flywheel

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club