Get Your Club gear
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

dan.nut

Upgrade To Sat Nav Unit

9 posts in this topic

I currently have S-Max 2.2 Titanium 2013 and would like to upgrade from the standard radio to a Sat Nav unit, as I didn't like the idea of paying over £1000 for a Sat Nav. After looking into the after market units, it would appear that they only fit 2011 and below. Are there any after market units to fit 2012/13?

Thanks

Don't buy aftermarket - they will look rubbuish and won't be compatible with Bluetooth/voice-control if you have on your car.

Buy a 2nd hand original fitment unit - the Blaupunkt FX unit is the easiest to retro fit and typically come up on ebay for around £250.

Thanks for the advice, do you know if there are different units to look out for, or are they all the same?

Aftermarkets require a new cage and fascia so it would look odd, but if you prefer it to look a little odd, to spending a mint on a new one...

Ebay are selling them for around £250, that replace the radio and don't require fascia. Looked them up on YouTube and they look pretty good, however, they are advertised for 2011 and below. What's the difference between 2011 and 2013 sat nav units?

I think its more a case of the difference between the wiring and the shape of the gap. Unfortunately I dont know, but the block connectors could be different, so you would at least need an adapter if they are sold.

Do not, repeat, do not buy a cheap £250 aftermarket headunit. These are cheap Chinese rubbish - just search any of the ford forums for Chinese head unit and you will find enough horror stories to realise what a waste of money they are.

Some have even caught fire - you have been warned......

Buy the proper Blaupunkt unit. Not as flash as the aftermarket or Chinese radios but 500% better in terms of build & sound quality.

daniel if you are intrested i am intrested on buying the original sony head unit from you please let me know