Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Hit A Kurb Hard Help!!

headsy132050

Last night i swerved to avoid and idiot driving a bus in my lane , i hit a kurb real hard and it blew my tyre and smashed a rim. I took wheel off and noticed there was a black bottle container thing in front of my wheel has snapped and is hanging down , the car seems fine otherwise but i am worried i have done some damage elsewhere

1 - need pictures

2 - what model of car do you have

Without the nessesary information it is difficult to tell what the black bottle thing is that broke, but it may be part of the aircon system

We call them kerbs in the UK

Enjoy -

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/kerb

How do i put a pic on? Its 1.6 petrol zetec 2006. Yeah im in the uk too :)

If you go to "more reply options" then "attach files/ choose files" you can upload j-pegs from you PC

Ok thanks, there is a pic , looks like somethjng is snapped off like a pipe, the whole unit is loose and i can hear water swishing around inside car :/

Looks to me like possibly the ECU cover? just looks like the bracket has snapped?

All looks to be there, just that bit broken.

I would suggest that you will want a garage to look at it and confirm I can't get at microcat at the moment but I think it's just the the cars ECU storage. if you broke that though you probably broke more.

sent using the Ford OC app for android.

Where did you take this picture from? I can't tell what any of that is. Haha

Edit* I forgot how to read, on mine there is a black plastic box similar to that beside the battery and below the ecu not entirely sure what it does all I know is that it has an input so must do something handy, just make sure it's secure if everything is working okay, ad for the water noise check the coolant expansion bottle hasn't jumped off of its hooks it moves quite easily.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Ford OC mobile app

Hey guys thanks for your help, just an update, turns out its the airbox resonator, now for my next question haha , can this ne removed? And not replaced? I read on a few forums that ppl remove them as a mod to there focus thanks guys :P been quoted 180 to replace

I cant say I have heard too much on it, but to replace, the alternative is to go to a scrappy and get it swapped from a write off?

Cant find one anywhere and this time of year isnt helping. Just gonna have to leave it until christmas is over, new wheel and tyre is on and the arch lining though , posted again on forum see if anyone knows what it is

Hey guys thanks for your help, just an update, turns out its the airbox resonator, now for my next question haha , can this ne removed? And not replaced? I read on a few forums that ppl remove them as a mod to there focus thanks guys :P been quoted 180 to replace

The airbox resonator is not a critical component, and the car should run ok without it the air will still be filtered by the air filter, so there is probably no urgency to get it sorted as long as it is not "flapping about" - the engine note may be a bit louder with the unduction noise

If its going to cost £180 and you can't find one at tha scrappies, just remove it and block it off at the airbox, although people remove it thinking they are going to improve performance, removing it may reduce performance, as the resonator may have been factory fitted to increase midrange torque, as an NA - 4-cylinder has a tendency for a flatspot in the midrange, and the resonator may have been tuned to boost these frequencies/revs (hence "resonator") and the people that remove them assume it boosts top-end, that seems stronger due to the lack of midrange (if you understand what i mean) - this applies to a stock car or mildly tuned car, not a heavily modified car tuned for ultimate top-end power that may benifit from the resonator being removed

So you could remove the resonator now and see how you get on and if you don't like it you could always pick up one from the srappies (the blocking on the airbox would have to be reversable)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club