Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

why do people drive around in the daytime with there headlights on

fiesta_lad

I don't mind it when people go around with their side lights on, because that's just like the Volvo's. But when they have their dipped's on, that annoys me a bit.

But, what really annoys me is when people have their fogs on. There's a few people at college, first thing they do before they set off in their car is turn their side lights and fog lights on. :huh:

Same for me, it doesnt matter if the side lights are on, but the fog lights in a clear day are really annoying (not to say dangerous...).

^ditto.... I don't care about whether people use their sidelights, but foglights on during the day when it's sunny as is against the law... what annoys me even more, and this happened over the weekend, is when it IS foggy and people DON'T use their fog lights.... I found it very hard to make cars out driving on the M5/M6 on Saturday! Whether conditions were terrible and you needed to use fogs.... Seen more on during sunny days than foggy days (which people have said, is rare as it is in most parts)

The answer to you question is.....

If you look at all the cars with their lights on, You will notice they are all Volvos... they have they're lights on all the time as a saftey feature

Next time your driving down the motorway at daytime just have a little look at the opposite side and you will find that all the cars you see with their headlights on are Volvos.

The answer to you question is.....

If you look at all the cars with their lights on, You will notice they are all Volvos... they have they're lights on all the time as a saftey feature

Next time your driving down the motorway at daytime just have a little look at the opposite side and you will find that all the cars you see with their headlights on are Volvos.

nah thats not true, most new audi's have daytime running lights and loads of boy racers run sides and fogs. a lot of drivers of bigger cars round my way run around with side lights on, really don't see the point at mid day in the bright sunshine!

nah thats not true, most new audi's have daytime running lights and loads of boy racers run sides and fogs. a lot of drivers of bigger cars round my way run around with side lights on, really don't see the point at mid day in the bright sunshine!

Fair enough, I don't see it enough to notice a problem but whenever I do see them they are all Volvos

Hi guys, just to set the record straight for all you drivers out there. Its going to become law that all vehicles/cars by the year 2010 must have what car manufacturers are calling DAY TIME RUNNING LIGHTS and every vehicle, even if its an old car must have some form of lights switched ON, while its being driven on the road(CAR,BUS,LORRY,VAN,MOTOR BIKE,ETC,ETC). Its for road safety, so that the vehicle is easily seen on the road. They made it part of the law for motor bikes about 3 or 4 years ago for all motor bikes to have there dip head light switched on, so that the motor bike rider is spotted at junctions and crossings, so that the rider is'nt knocked off there machine,AND IT WORKS,BELIEVE ME. If car drivers do not have there lights switched on by the requirements of the law changes in 2010, then the police are going to be issuing fines and possible points to driving licences if these lights are not switched on(WATCH THIS SPACE). If you notice that all new cars manufacted since 2007 have there light switched on while the engine is started, but there is a setting in the vehicle to switch these lights off if the owner wants to change this setting, BUT REMEMBER THE POLICE FINES AND THE DREDDED POINTS, JUST ANOTHER WAY OF HITTING THE MOTORISTS POCKET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!.As if speed cameras, or as I like to call them PIGGY BANK MACHINES FOR THE POLICE ar'nt bad enough just now eh!!!!!!!!

Another point I want to clear up for you people out there is that ALL VOLVO's and SAAB's manufactured from the 1980's, have lights which are illuminated as soon as the ignition is switched on and the engine is running. In 1977 a swedish guy was getting so cheesed of with car drivers in sweden not using there lights when it was foggy or the weather wasnt to good, he went to volvo and told them of his complaint and volvo came up with a solution to this guts complaint and they made there cars lights work as soon as the ignition and engine was started. They also gave this idea to SAAB as this was there sister company and if you notice SAAB's and VOLVO's from the some era in the 80's all have Day Time Running Lights on there cars.

Now Fog lights???? If you use any kind of fog light, either front or rear when its not required by law( Fog/Visability has to be less than 100mts, before you can use either fog lights) the police can and they do fine you for dazzlingother road users. If you use either fog light when its raining/road is wet then the police will stop you and fine you severly for using these lights.

Hope this helps or clears up all you guys and dollls out there about enquires for the use of lights on your vehicles out there. Ray fae dundee.

Thanks for that information, Ray. I had no idea they were soon to be introducing that new law. Will look into that a little further.

No problem mate I just wanted to let you all know just whats coming in the high way code soon and the laws are changing. Hope this helps everyone. The only reason I know all this new info is cause Im an MOT tester and we get all the new laws that are being issued and DAY TIME RUNNING LIGHTS are coming to a road near you very soon(2010) Ray fae dundee.

Thats battery consumption going through the roof then !

I don't think they should do it. I think it's good for motor bikes but now bikes are gonna be harder to spot.

They will give us police shrobes next.

I cant understand why do u see people drive around in the daytime with there headlights on its just point less does anyone understand way they do it

Also you live by me :D

Also you live by me :D

I live by you??? Where do you live then??? Im in dundee next to Ballumbie. is that your fiesta in the pict hun.

I live by you??? Where do you live then??? Im in dundee next to Ballumbie. is that your fiesta in the pict hun.

I live by the person that the post was aimed at

I live by the person that the post was aimed at

you live my me iam from prescot were abouts you live

Huyton/Dovecot

I live up in bonnie dundee in scotland??? Is that near to you???

I live up in bonnie dundee in scotland??? Is that near to you???

I WASN'T TALKING TO YOUUUUU

please read back in the thread

I WASN'T TALKING TO YOUUUUU

please read back in the thread

not far than helena about 10min i will have to keep a eye out for your car give you a beep if i see you lol :D

not far than helena about 10min i will have to keep a eye out for your car give you a beep if i see you lol :D

Laughing :D

You dont see many fizzas in the same colour as mine so I'm quite easy to spot ha.

I'm always at the round abouts by prescot on my way to work too so you may even see me around there

Laughing :D

You dont see many fizzas in the same colour as mine so I'm quite easy to spot ha.

I'm always at the round abouts by prescot on my way to work too so you may even see me around there

Keep a eye out for you then iam always crossing the round abouts lol

Keep a eye out for you then iam always crossing the round abouts lol

They're massive roundabouts, the one by the M57 going towards Runcorn is hugeeeeeee

They're massive roundabouts, the one by the M57 going towards Runcorn is hugeeeeeee

i know tell me about it lol i hate crossing them in rush hour its a night mere do you have msn.

• 5 weeks later...

As bike rider, it adds that extra bit of viability, some bikes do not have an off switch for the dipped beam.