Share Your Car Experience
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

Krose

Instrument Reboots When Starting Car

7 posts in this topic

Not every time but usually when engine cold, the car starts fine but the display resets itself like is some sort of test with the fuel guage going from zero to full, and rev counter shows zero then everything goes to normal. Might also be linked but am getting intermittent fault where passenger door will not lock via remote or manual locking drivers side. If i lock manual on passenger door then all is ok.

Have changed battery in keyfob and no difference

Any ideas? am not overly concerned about locking as can manually do it but the reset/reboot of display is a concern

Just to confirm the car starts and drives ok

The sweeping dials and check process normally indicates that the battery is on its way out. All remaining power is being utilised to start the car causing the instrument cluster to go through a test routine. You can normally get a battery check done for free. Just make sure you get a silver calcium battery as lead acid batteries cannot handle the Ford Smart Charge system.

Thx will go get battery checked in morning

If its the same as my fiesta last year then the battery is on its way out, all the clocks and displays should stay alive when starting the engine albeit a little dim while cranking, and as for the door locking thing the fiesta/fusion door design is poor with water, it runs through the door and with heavy rain mine has a little hiccup every so often if Un used for a day, you could try using some wd40 and it's straw and blow some through the locks both external and internal this should help the water to skirt around the electrical bits that matter.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Ford OC mobile app

Agree with the battery issue unfortunately!

Finaly to reply, i delayed doing anything over holiday period and although problem persisted the car always started.

Finaly got battery checked, dunno how this relates but reading was 232 mah when battery sticker said should be 320mah.

New battery now in, a lot higher rating 450mah and no problems as yet

Thx for advice