Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Usb / Bluetooth On Ford Focus Zetec 59 Plate

SatTechUk

Good evening all,

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but I could not find anything specific for my model. I want to have bluetooth and USB fitted to my Focus Zetec 59 Plate (MK2.5).

I have the standard Zetec stereo fitted with the call answer and end buttons which act as a mute switch. I have found a guide in relation to fitting the USB, but I would also like bluetooth calling.

Can anyone give me any pointers or help and also explain what IDS is and if it would help me in my quest?

I appreciate all your help! Thank you and Happy holidays.

Sats.

Take out your glovebox and see if you have a large plug taped into the loom on the left hand side. If you do then you have the wiring for the bluetooth module. If you buy a new enough bluetooth module it will also have USB too though not sure how it will work with your current stereo...

There's some info in a how to guide I made if you want to check it out. Shows how to upgrade from bluetooth to Bluetooth and USB but should give you some idea what to look for.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

IDS is Integrated Diagnostic System.

Basically it's what Ford use for fault finding and system programming.

Hi all, thanks for your replies. I will take out the glovebox and check as stated above. Can it get expensive retrofitting bluetooth in a ford focus?

I am not to keen on having parrot installed. I will check on Boxing Day and report back.

Thanks all!

Hi Folks, just an update. I have not had a chance to take my glove box out yet.

However, I have come across a Ford Sony DAB unit that I am looking to buy, but it has a FAKRA connection on it. As my Focus is a 2009 model, it has an ISO connection (I hope that's right?) or would it be din?

Anyway would the following adapter from eBay resolve any issues converting the FAKRA connection to ISO?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250904511517?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Any replies are welcome.

Thanks.

If installing a DAB radio you need the DAB aerial, base mount, and two cables - one which connects from the aerial mount to the drivers side A pillar and the cable which then splits into two for DAB/FM (ISO and Fakra respectively).

I recently posted a message where the required parts and approximate costs were listed.

Great stuff! Thanks for your reply. I'm using my iPhone so will not be able to check your post, do u mind posting the link to the thread?

I sure wish I had someone helping me when I do this! - hoping it go's right!

Any one in the East Midlands / Leicester area willing to meet for help?

Reposting the contents of the relevant message concerning parts.

(Finis codes are the part numbers Ford use).

Parts required for fitting a DAB radio-

Aerial - Finis 1559265 (£14 approx)

Aerial base - Finis 1559268 (£16 approx)

Main aerial cable - Finis 1545793 (£30 approx)

DAB Fakra/ISO - Finis 1682844 (£30 approx)

Thanks for that mate! I appreciate it! Regarding the Fakra / ISO connection would the one i posted a link for from eBay do the job?

Also does radio look like the correct one?

http://bit.ly/1aeM73u

Thanks Stoney!

That cable is only an aftermarket radio aerial adaptor not a DAB/FM aerial lead.

As the Ford gen3 DAB radio has two aerial connectors you need the parts as listed previously to connect the radio correctly.

That radio you listed will fit no problems.

Not a bad price too seeing as they're over £1000 new from Ford.

That cable is only an aftermarket radio aerial adaptor not a DAB/FM aerial lead.

As the Ford gen3 DAB radio has two aerial connectors you need the parts as listed previously to connect the radio correctly.

That radio you listed will fit no problems.

Not a bad price too seeing as they're over £1000 new from Ford.

Stoney, thanks for your help pal! I greatly appreciate it. When I install the DAB aerial to the headliner after removing the light. Do I keep the fm wire there also?

Is there anyway I can PM you or contact you on FB?

Thanks matey.

Sats.

The new wires replace all other wiring from aerial to radio.

You cam P/M me via the club.

Hi Stoney,

I have taken a pic of the stereo rear to show you the FAKRA connections it has. Just to clarify the parts you listed would all work right?

Thanks a million mate!

Sats.

post-48706-138835071691_thumb.jpg

There are what appears to be two Fakra as you say.

If the cables come with an ISO and Fakra then an ISO to Fakra may then be required.

Probably would be a good idea to purchase an adaptor in advance to be on the safe side.

I'll look up a suitable one for you.

Hmm it might be worth purchasing that adapter in case. What I do not get though is the connection is one long ISO cable that runs from behind the stereo and speedometer to the a pillar and a pillar to the headliner (behind the light). So by completely removing the ISO cable and replacing it with FAKRA would eliminate the whole ISO connection adapter need wouldn't it?

I wonder what the two different connections are for? FM & DAB?

Thanks pal.

There must be a difference between the standard cable and the DAB one or Ford wouldn't bother with two identical parts.

I'm assuming the cable is rigged differently, maybe with an extra internal strand to allow carriage of the DAB signal from the helical part of the replacement aerial.

A DAB signal is a much higher frequency than FM so different aerial lengths would apply anyway.

Hmm it might be worth purchasing that adapter in case. What I do not get though is the connection is one long ISO cable that runs from behind the stereo and speedometer to the a pillar and a pillar to the headliner (behind the light). So by completely removing the ISO cable and replacing it with FAKRA would eliminate the whole ISO connection adapter need wouldn't it?

I wonder what the two different connections are for? FM & DAB?

Thanks pal.

On Fords Microcat system the replacement cable is shown as Fakra/ISO so buying a ISO to Fakra adaptor is a prudent move seeing as the radio you've bought shows two Fakra.

Last thing you want is to have your nice shiny DAB radio in your mitts only to find the connections don't fit.

Better to have and not need than to need and not have :)

I'm kind of thinking I brought the wrong unit now? :-(. Would you recommend buying the kit originally highlighted? And then see how it get on?

P.S - where did you buy your kit from? I cannot find anywhere in Leicester that would stick this?

On Fords Microcat system the replacement cable is shown as Fakra/ISO so buying a ISO to Fakra adaptor is a prudent move seeing as the radio you've bought shows two Fakra.

Last thing you want is to have your nice shiny DAB radio in your mitts only to find the connections don't fit.

Better to have and not need than to need and not have :)

Sorry I missed this reply. I will buy this adapter in the mean time and tomorrow I will purchase the main kit. I will try to completely remove the ISO aerial altogether and replace with the DAB one I bug from ford. Failing that I will have the adapter you linked to as a back up. Should I be able to purchase all of this from Sandicliffe Ford?

If you give them the Finis codes I posted previously they will source the parts for you.

They may take a few days to come through unless held in stock.

I'd say it's also a good idea to buy a tube of clear silicone sealant from a hardware shop to ensure the new aerial mount is waterproof to the roof too.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club