Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pcm Replacement?

jeebowhite

Hi Guys,

I can't recall what you need to recode if you replace the PCM? can anyone remind me?

Basically I found my PCM isn't supported on the ELM Config software at the moment :( I was hoping I could buy it cheap from a scrappie and maybe just see if I could swap it, but I doubt that will happen lol.

Why would you want to change your PCM?

The one I have is old and not supported by the ELM software, lol. I doubt that I would do it, but I am just humouring the idea of the work involved in changing the PCM over to one that supports the software so I can configure it...

The one I have is old and not supported by the ELM software, lol. I doubt that I would do it, but I am just humouring the idea of the work involved in changing the PCM over to one that supports the software so I can configure it...

It might be easier/ better to leave the PCM and change the ELM software

If you change your PCM,(AKA ECU ) you would need to recode it to your injectors, your PCM is probably coded to your BCU (body control unit) which is coded to your key(s) and ;locks, recoding the BCU/ key(s) is normally a dealer job (and realatively expensive)

On top of that, the PCM you aquire is probably identical to the one you have (so still not supported by the elm software/ and then stlll needing coded to the injectors etc) or, incompatible (won't work) with the other components on the car

So in a nutshell - forget it, not worth the hassle - better to leave the PCM/ car electronics alone and try another plug in solution/ code reader etc

I thought that would likely be the case, lol.

I wish I had Ford IDS as a clone, I just cant spend £300 on it :p

I will keep in contact with Civil-ZZ and see if he is willing to cater for my PCM, if not, I will have to wait and see how it pans out...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club