Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power Outlet Wrong Size For Satnav

paulmiller

Hi Everyone and Happy Xmas and New Year to All :)

My wife has just bought a '09 Fiesta Titannium 1.6d which is a great car for her, but just one thing is confusing us.... I thought that 12v power outlets were all standard size but we are unable to plug in her Navman SatNav as the socket is the wrong size (it fits my sons Peugeot ok). Anyone know if there is an adaptor I can buy or any other solution ?

Many Thanks in advance

Paul.

I can't really work that out, take a picture of the plug and one of it In the socket, so we can see what you mean.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Hi Nathan

Thank You for replying and sorry for my delay in responding. Seems I've sorted the problem..... on closer inspection, it seems the previous owners (or one of their childred) had put something in the outlet socket which was blocking the SatNav input - I got it out with some tweezers and now it fits. Only problem now is it seems there is no power coming from the outlet socket ! :wacko:

Cheers

Paul

I would check the fuse if there was something in it, does it not have a dust cap my mk6 has a socket blocker to stop unintended fingerings, no pun or innuendo intended.:D

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Ford OC mobile app