Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

greatdj_123

Engine Start Pending

16 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. New member here requiring some advice if anyone can help me.

I have a brand new C max literally 6 months old now, noticed a message a couple of days ago straight after starting the engine up....

ENGINE START PENDING

Can anyone tell me if this is something or nothing to worry about as it comes up after starting the engine and not before (weird I know)

Regards

Andy

Sounds odd, it sounds like something hasnt clicked in.

Is this the latest shape CMAX or is it the MK1.5 (facelift?)

Is that Keyless or Standard keyed setup? also is it push button start, or again, traditional barrel and key?

Standard barrel and key. Not keyless

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Ford OC mobile app

sounds like its probably a software update needed. given the age of the car, take it back to the dealer and get them to sort it for you!

Hmm OK. its due in to the dealer beginning of Jan for winter check up so will mention it and see what they say. Will let you know what they say on the issue just for reference etc for the forum. Thanks again.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Ford OC mobile app

Definitely up to the Dealers to resolve this on what's basically a brand new car.

Yes it's a strange one

Do let us know how it goes and what the fix is! I would be surprised if it isnt just a PCM update though.

Just been searching google about this and found your topic.

I have a 9 month old Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi. It's the new shape.

I have this aswell. Only seems when it's cold but once I start the engine it flashes up.

Will have to book it into ford to see what's the fault.

Strange.

Hi guys. Well got the car back from the dealer regarding the fault. They carried out a PCM check and no fault codes showed up,so have not fixed anything. They told me to monitor the problem and if it still persists to re book it in again for another check.

This seems ridiculous why not do everything you can on the first appointment!!! GRRRRRRR!!!!!

Just thought I would let you know as some of you were asking.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy,

It peeves me when dealers say this! they should be more proactive, especially at the fee that you pay them for the diagnostic.

Definately keep a diary of it, just jot down everything, time, temperature, exact replication steps (key in, turned to 2 and error or whatever it may be)

If you need to take it back to them, insist its the same fault as before and refuse to pay a diagnostics fee if you already have as its the same problem and you are not willing to pay twice!

Yeah got all the info I need already. Even showed them a picture of the wording displayed on the screen. Seems to still come up first thing when engine is cold so it will be going back at some point but not got any time off to take it for a while now. It doesn't stop me driving it but I still want answers as there is clearly an issue. Keep you guys posted.

Hi everyone. New member here requiring some advice if anyone can help me.

I have a brand new C max literally 6 months old now, noticed a message a couple of days ago straight after starting the engine up....

ENGINE START PENDING

Can anyone tell me if this is something or nothing to worry about as it comes up after starting the engine and not before (weird I know)

Is your C-Max a diesel if so is there a short delay between either turning the key or pressing the start button and the engine cranking ? If so it's normal it's just the glow plugs pre-heating the cylinders but should only do it on cold mornings.

Regards

John

Andy