Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6TDCi
  • Year: 2008

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:46 AM

I have noticed that when the car is driving at a steady 30mph the car goes seem quite loud, but this is probably because it's a diesel and I came from a petrol, also when I switch the ignition off the cooling fan is quite loud also, is this all normal??? Thanks in advance

As has been said, if you're happy with the price that's what's important. I just bought a 59 1.6TDCi Titanium(x pack?) with full leather, climate,, Xenons, Led tail lts and 80k (FFSH) for £6150.

#19 Mr Singh

Mr Singh

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Name: Nanak
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 1.6 115BHP TIVCT Saloon
  • Year: 2006

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

If the fan is running it might just need a good blast as I think they started to fit DPFs around 2008. Being second hand you don't know what sort of journeys it has done and how much stop start shunting around it has done with the dealer.

manufactures started fitting diesel particulate filters late 2005/early 2006 although some engines didnt have them fitted as the cars had been in production before EU5 emissions regulations took place or there emissions were met to EU5 requirements.

now for my 2 pence worth. depending of where in the country you bought it its either dear or about right. in the south near London cars are more expensive than cars bought in the north and Scotland more often than not. did the dealer/garage tell you it had a DPF? if not then you have been stung if you dont do the mileage. you will have DPF issues and if you remove the filter it will fail its next MOT.

diesels with DPF's are no good for town driving/doing short journeys.

when benfield ford called asking of we were looking to change our car, the sales man assessed the type of driving we were doing and the mileage, we were doing the mileage to justify a diesel but because it was mainly town driving the sales man said we'd be better off with a petrol. 

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ford, focus, 1.6, tdci, titanium, diesel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users