Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Obd

Ford Loyalty MK3

How you doing, just woundering what's the best OBD for reading fault codes on a Mondeo Mk3 2.0L TDCI.?

I've spent a £215 quid for something that never got fixed, thats right my Mondeo, so I'm trying to find the fault with my own sences looking, listening feeling it.

They couldn't find the fault and never gave me the fault codes needed to trace its where abouts. They said they've put it on a rolling road and a pressure test on my injectors and still they couldn't find it.

Thoweing money away and I'm trying to save too. :angry:

An inexpensive bluetooth OBD plug and the Torque Pro app on an Android phone is all I use and it works fine for me.

This is a popular although basic code reader (I have one myself to clear the EML)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Engine-Scanner-Diagnostic-Reset-Tool-OBD-2-CAN-BUS-EOBD-Fault-Code-Reader-UK-/390624279648?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item5af3057c60&clk_rvr_id=565697652301&afsrc=1

Its is widely used by mondeo owners for reading the faults and erasing alot of them.

Another popular choice is the f-super

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Super-F-MK-2-Fault-Code-Scanner-Ka-Fiesta-Fusion-Focus-Mondeo-Transit-/271348882731?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item3f2da75d2b

This though, needs you to have a laptop to plug it into, but, from what I understand gives alot more options compared to the cheaper one linked above

Take a look at my signature for "got an error on your car" for some ideas :D

Thanks for the help I'll take a look at them. :)

Cheers for that. B)

No worries, just bear in mind your cars age is just before the OBDII standard, so it may support only OBDI and not OBDII, so get confirmation from the seller it will work, or a promise of a refund if it doesnt :)

Not far from me I know someones who's got both, so I can ask him If I could test them first before buying. :)

not bad at all! let us know what you get OBDI or II :)