Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Tdci 1.8 Injector Problems

kylet1990

Weny out and washed the fuel pressure as it went into limp mode and cut out. It never changed until it cut out. So im guessing this rules out the pump and imv?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kylet1990

• mick85

• Chinny

• martyntdci

Went out and washed the fuel pressure as it went into limp mode and cut out. It never changed until it cut out. So im guessing this rules out the pump and imv?

No it don't rule it out could still be both u won't have fuel pressure if cuts out does car not go into limp mode an keep running

When it revs to 2000 rph it does it to limp mode then if you keep trying to drive it dies completely.

But in limp mode i still had full fueal pressure right until it cut out.

So wat was fuel pressure cause it might not drop but did it rise when trying to drive or just cut out like u could have pressure but pump or imv can't supply enough when driving like is it cutting out from cold or hot or both

Ranges from 21000.0 to 26000.0 bar. It increases alot when i drive like up to 60000 bar, funnily enough it only used to cut out whilst hot but now i think its both tbh. When i go to drive its fine until limp mode kicks in and it cuts out.

Those readings couldn be right u sure it measuring bar an not something else on ur diagnostics it usually 250 to just under 2000 full speed full load

Thats what it shows. Maybe ive read it wrong.

post-49294-0-92345900-1389215594_thumb.j

dont know wats story there if its ur diagnostic program or wat but maxium pressure for diesel pump is 1600bar an u only need min of 250bar to start car is there any setting to change to psi or bar i be tryin get mate with diesel test his see what readings are

Il have a look tomoro at the settings, it did cross my mind that that was pretty high. I did take the plug out of the imv and tried to start it like that aswell but didnt work.

I have tried it on a corsa cdti but the code reader would not connect.

It's still could be pump or imv u really need to check on a similar car before going any further like those readings not right at least if u check u can rule out if diagnostic software do u know anyone with ford diesel even a neighbour tell them u do free diagnostic check ha

No i dont no anyone with the same car or similar lol otherwise im sure they would accept for a free diagnostics. Im still not sure about the whole egr issue as the popping noise only stops if i unplug it. But unplugging it isnt ideal long term is it? The blanking plate is on but its still making the noise. Ive tried caking egr valve cleaner from Halfords into it but that done nothing. Say it wasnt the pump or imv what would i be looking at then? I really appreciate all your help by the way :)

Ive just been looking into it and ive seen a post about blanking off the egr valve saying the blanking plate goes between the pipe and the exhaust manifold, however ive got it inbetween thr pipe and the egr valve. Would this make any difference?

Yeah it would make difference If I was u I would remove inlet manifold I know it's a nightmare but this will be best thing do leave it in bucket of petrol over night an maybe buy another cleaning product aswell clean till all carbon gone do egr aswell an refit this might not fix but be beneficial to engine den at the least we can rule it out as problem see u don't wanna be spending money so it's really process of elimination without throwing cash at it an this cheapest option

Il definetly do that. Do you know of any step by step guides at how to remove it?

No I don't have exact guide think exhaust manifold has come off to make sure soak all exhaust bolts in wd40 u really don't wanna sheer these to much aggro but u could buy Haynes manual very handy to have very helpfull all info u ever need bought ur car

I will do il have a look for one know.

Thanks i think il take a trip down tomorow. Need this car back on the road asap, sick of driving the wifes maroon micra lol

Ive had the inlet egr valve of to clean them and its still the same.

So was it really dirty wat u clean with did u fit blanking plate the right way so after all that wat faults showing now

I used egr valve cleaner then ran out so i used card cleaner and strubbed it. I was pretty thick inside bt i got it clean. I reset the codes and attempted to start it until the coil light come on then read the codes again and only one come up saying injector pressure low cranking

Right could be fuel pressure sensor on the rail or suction (imv valve)or the hole pump u really need check them readings on another car unless u wanna throw cash at it