Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Tdci 1.8 Injector Problems

kylet1990

Funny u say that about the fuel rail sensor actually as i was looking at that the other day i noticed the connector is cable tied onto the sensor.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kylet1990

• mick85

• Chinny

• martyntdci

Why did someone damage connector or is it to prevent wiring getting damaged see can u buy sensor separate or do u need buy new rail if sensor not to much u could take a gamble wit it maybe try running it with wiring disconnect see wat happens

It was like that when i bought it. If i can get the sensor for a resonable price il give that a go.

Ive bought a delphi fuel rail pressure sensor. If that doesnt sort it im thinking about selling as spares or repairs. Or dont need whether it would be worth more breaking

Ive fitted the new fuel rail sensor and blanked the egr of from the exhaust manifold side and for some reason now when i start it it cuts straight out. I unplugged the maf to see if it was that and the new start up it was bellowing out blue smoke (loads of it) and now it completly wont run :s this car has got me baffled

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it is the same. I done a leak of test i found online that said to removed injector connectors and imv valve and try and crank with leak off bottles on injectors and the one which the pipe filled with fuel was stuck closed and leaking. They all had a very small ampunt of fuel but injector 2 more than anything. So i removed 2 and am in the process of sonic cleaning in

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Good improvisation on ur leak off tester ha I like it did just number 2 fill up most an rest where same

Lol thanks. Number 2 the most with 3 close behind, the other 2 low and the same.

I think the games over. Just emptied the fuel filter to find alot of rust and shiny metal shards :(.

Ouch if that cause u will need drop tank clean it out air blow out fuel lines new filter an pump

I think im just going to cut my losses mate and break it and sell it. From what i can see its not worth much as it is. Thanks for all your help though :)

No problem it's a shame it wasin something cheap an easy good luck with ur next car hope u not scared off ford generally they not bad car u never really no wats in fuel we put in our cars nightmare

• 2 weeks later...

Giving it serious thought about changing the fuel pump. How big of a job is it? Does anyone have or know of a guide? Thanks