Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Tdci 1.8 Injector Problems

kylet1990

Hi everyone, im new to the forum i recently bought myself a 2002 ford focus ghia 1.8 tdci. It developed a problem and kept failing to start without easy start, it also cuts out at about 2000 rpm and the glow plug light flashes. Ive changed the fuel pumped, glow plugs, fuel filter and now 2 injectors as i done a leak off test and 2 and 3 had massive leak. I havnt yet recoded the injectors but it is still failing to start and cutting out. My fault codes are as follows on dtc.

p0100 mass air flow sensor,

p1211 injector control presure above or below,

po335 crank shaft sensor malfunction,

p2291 inhector control presure too low,

p0201, p0203, p202, p0204 all injectors malfunctioning.

p0251 injection pump fuel metering malfunction.

Im no further forward so decided to see if anyone else had any clues to what my problem could be. Thanks :) any advice would be really helpful.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kylet1990

• mick85

• Chinny

• martyntdci

Point one car won't start if crank sensor not workin but u so many faults u would have to starting with checking all wiring could be something simple like connection issue or something more serious but u gotta test wiring first

Could anyone tell me were abouts the crankshaft position sensor is?

What diagnostic system do i need to program the injectors? Ive got a ford vcm ibs that i can plug into my laptop, it seems that you can use that to recode every other fords injectors than mine! Typical

Ive changed the crankshaft sensor and wiped the fault codes and it still wont start without easystart. Thr only code that keeps showing up and wont go is mass air flow sensor.

There is also a strange popping sound coming from around the back of the engine around the egr/inlet manifold/exhaust manifold area when the car is running.

If car won't start an only start with easy sounds like fuel issue

Should it still start easily if the injectors just need recoded? Thankss

It should start just run really rough so is it not starting at all is the pump getting fuel to rail and injectors if you crack injector open is fuel spitting out while cranking engine

Also there is fuel getting to the injectors so does that mean it cannot be the fuel pump at fault?

It will only start with easy start. Then when i go to drive it as soon as i go over 2000rpm the glow plug light flashes and it cuts out and wont restart without easy start.

So u replaced fuel pump for new one with metering valve new glow plugs new crank sensor what's exact fault on it now is there no egr valve faults

No i havnt replaced the fuel pump or metering valve. I have replaced the glow plugs and cleaned out then blanked off the egr valve. I also replaced the crank sensor

I didnt think it could be the fuel pump as there is fuel getting to the engine as it does run with easy start.

Sorry ive just realised ive at the start of the thread that i replaced the fuel pump, thats a mistake sorry i dont know why i put that lol

So is egr block connector still connected sounds like might need an imv valve u try gravity feed the pump it own fuel supply out jery can so is it maf sensor malfunction or wiring what exactly did fault code reader say

Yes the egr valve connector is still on. It said mass air flow sensor malfunction, that is the one code that no matter how many times i wipe it it keeps coming on. But i have spotted a small tear in the rubber hose betweem the TB and mass air flow sensor so maybe this could be causing it?

When easy start it an it runs what's engine sound like does it stay running if u leave it to idle did u put blanking plate on egr before all this or did u only do this to try fix ur problem