the voice controler for an English one. The one in my Mondeo is a Nokia
7S7T-19G488-DE, I think some where in this number is associated with the
language. Photos attached.

post-48255-0-98616500-1388221095_thumb.j

post-48255-0-14843000-1388221117_thumb.j

If you have an USB connection to your bluetooth module this may work for you-

Download this update file first-

http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/downloadsUpdates

In some cases it could be necessary to separate the downloaded "Ford Audio Update" files.

Please proceed as follows:

Download the "Ford Audio Update" files and save the Zip-File at any location of your Personal Computer.

Open the "Ford Audio Update"Zip-File.

Extract only the ".bvc" and ".vbf" files corresponding to your current Voice Control language to the highest-level directory of your USB flash drive: English: 8M5T-14D511-AT

German: 8M5T-14D511-BT

French: 8M5T-14D511-CT

Spanish: 8M5T-14D511-DT

Italian: 8M5T-14D511-ET

Portuguese: 8M5T-14D511-FT

Turkish: 8M5T-14D511-JT

Example for English language:

Choose files "8M5T-14D511-AT.bvc" and "8M5T-14D511-AT.vbf".

Extract both from the Zip-File and save them in the top-level folder on a USB flash drive.

Please make sure that no other files than ".bvc" and ".vbf" are available on the USB flash drive.

If you use the English files then you should be able to set to that language.

• Like 2

I'm sure there should be an USB socket for uograding on the module.

Anyone else confirm.?

Any working links for the update?

For Uk modules with USB via eBay you'd be looking at £100 +.

If your existing module has a USB update port it will be in a recessed area next to the main connector port.

A module with part number 7S7T-19G488-DE is an old module type which does not have the (USB) connector which is needed for updating the module. The old modules can not be updated. It is also not possible to change the module language with the Ford Audio Update. The update automatically the right language files for the module. I tried to rename the files to change the language but that did not work.

If you want to change an old module type for a newer module type (with or without USB) you also have to change (or rewire) the wiring because the old and newer Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system uses different wiring and modules.

• Like 1

Is it possible to change the language to English on my module? it seems strange that they are language specific? anyone know how to get intouch with Nokia about this. The only thing I have found about Nokia contact are the phones.

No, it is not possible to change the language on most of the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol modules.

On the following modules it is not possible to change the language:

4M5T-19G488-XX

7M5T-19G488-XX

7S7T-19G488-XX

8M5T-19C488-XX

8M5T-19C112-XX

Only the latest available Bluetooth/Voicecontrol modules with part number CS7T-14D212-XX (Mondeo MK4.5, Focus MK3 and Fiesta MK7.5) support all possible available languages. These modules automatically uses the language wich is programmed in the central configuration of the car. These modules are not compatible with most older Ford vehicles. The module should work but can not be configured in older vehicles.

• Like 1

You might not be able to change the language, but you could try speaking to it in a Tony Ferrino accent . . .

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi There,

I've got the same problem with the language and allready tried to download the update package...but it seems the link to the Ford site is dead...:-( Does anybody here have the zip file to email it to me? This would be absolutly fantastic...

Thanks a lot

Sebastian

You cannot change language by software, you need to change the B/T Voice module, the last but one letter signifies the language

i.e 8M5T-19G488-AN is a non usb module in English, I have upgraded mine to USB so have one to sell if any interest.

• 2 years later...

Hi, i need a little help for my bluetooth nokia 8M5T-19G488-CK wich i guess is in "Franch" i buy my car but the old cdplayer was broken and i change it with a new one compatible, sony player. Now i try to connect with my phone but doesn't work, when i scan from bluetooth module i see on the phone like "FORD RADIO" i put the pin 0000 but nothing happend. All phones from cd player erased( debonded) i guess. Module have a USB port but a dont have a special cable for this.

How can i resolve that??

thanks in advance.

On 12/30/2013 at 8:15 PM, JW1982 said:

No, it is not possible to change the language on most of the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol modules.

On the following modules it is not possible to change the language:

4M5T-19G488-XX

7M5T-19G488-XX

7S7T-19G488-XX

8M5T-19C488-XX

8M5T-19C112-XX

Only the latest available Bluetooth/Voicecontrol modules with part number CS7T-14D212-XX (Mondeo MK4.5, Focus MK3 and Fiesta MK7.5) support all possible available languages. These modules automatically uses the language wich is programmed in the central configuration of the car. These modules are not compatible with most older Ford vehicles. The module should work but can not be configured in older vehicles.

Hi, are you sure this modules model not work updatable 8M5T-19G488-CK ? I have have this model on my car, is NOKIA. I see bluetooth module on my phone like FORD AUDIO but i cant connect them. when i try to introduce the pin 0000 or 1234 nothing happend, nothing on player display, and display phone appear " pin is incorect,please try again".

Where is the problem?

tks

Ford-Bluetooth-Voice-Control-Connectivity-Hands-Free-Module-_nokia.jpg

A module with part number 8M5T-19G488-CK is a 2nd generation module without USB support. This type of module can only be updated by a Ford dealer. However in 2012 Ford stopped the support for the 2nd generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system so there are simply no recent software updates available.

The Ford Audio Update is only suitable for the 2nd generation modules with USB support. These modules have a different part number (8M5T-19C112-xx).

What type of radio did you install?

A module with part number 8M5T-19G488-CK is only compatible with a GEN 3 Sony radio. The older GEN 2 Sony radio's look identical to the GEN 3 Sony radio's but are based on the older 1st generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. Whether the radio is a GEN 2 or GEN 3 Sony can be identified by the part number of the radio and the production date printed on a sticker on the radio. GEN 3 Sony radio's were available from approximately 05-2008.

Using an incompatible radio can be one of the reasons to cause the problems you describe.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2016 at 3:53 PM, JW1982 said:

A module with part number 8M5T-19G488-CK is a 2nd generation module without USB support. This type of module can only be updated by a Ford dealer. However in 2012 Ford stopped the support for the 2nd generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system so there are simply no recent software updates available.

The Ford Audio Update is only suitable for the 2nd generation modules with USB support. These modules have a different part number (8M5T-19C112-xx).

What type of radio did you install?

A module with part number 8M5T-19G488-CK is only compatible with a GEN 3 Sony radio. The older GEN 2 Sony radio's look identical to the GEN 3 Sony radio's but are based on the older 1st generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. Whether the radio is a GEN 2 or GEN 3 Sony can be identified by the part number of the radio and the production date printed on a sticker on the radio. GEN 3 Sony radio's were available from approximately 05-2008.

Using an incompatible radio can be one of the reasons to cause the problems you describe.

hi, player is SONY CDX-FS214AE, i dont know what generation is, on top of the case is SEP2013 and in the service meniu is something like 2007.....i dont know exactly firmware is. maybe 3....

sony meniu service looks like that: : 04-05-02; radio_kw_4; BL:02-05-44; CD:3.0.00-L; FB:06; EQ:00; ALIGN; 08/06/2007; SN:SOCD1X8VO46471; CS;3680C8B1;

best regards,

The firmware version of your radio is 04-05-02. This firmware version belongs to a GEN 2 Sony radio.

This basically means that the radio you installed is not compatible with the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system of the car. To make it work you either have to replace the radio by a GEN 3 Sony radio or to replace the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module by a 1st generation module and some modifications to the wiring.

• Like 3

On 1/1/2017 at 10:26 PM, JW1982 said:

The firmware version of your radio is 04-05-02. This firmware version belongs to a GEN 2 Sony radio.

This basically means that the radio you installed is not compatible with the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system of the car. To make it work you either have to replace the radio by a GEN 3 Sony radio or to replace the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module by a 1st generation module and some modifications to the wiring.

OMG, i cant believe that. I buy this Sony for connection to the bluetooth module and phones, now its to expansive for me to buy another module or cdplayer.

Tks anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, how can i identify a generation 3 Sony?? Or what year product? What version firmware is?

Tks in advance.

A GEN 2 / GEN 3 Sony radio can only be identified correctly by the part number. The production date on top of the radio can point you in the right direction but is not 100% dependeable.

Through the Years the GEN 2 / GEN 3 Sony radio's did have dozens of different part numbers. Next to the differences between the GEN 2 and GEN 3 Sony radio's there are also technical differences between the different Ford models. A Mondeo/S-max/Galaxy Sony radio for example is not 100% compatible with a Focus MK2/MK2.5.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 01.01.2017 at 10:26 PM, JW1982 said:

Hi, what BT module i need to connect to my car where the player is 7M5T-18C939-AE. I specified the wiring instalation is original,without modification.

Tks in advance.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club