Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mot Fail

martyntdci

freeda failed her mot on front wishbone rear bushes both sides. ive tried ringing garages up to replace just the bushes but they all refuse. i no you can buy the bushes seperate (euro or eBay etc..), but ford only supply the full arm at a expence. pattern parts considerably cheaper

Does anybody know the taper of the ball joint as it can be a 18mm or a 21mm, 3 different ford dealers refuse the say anything...

focus, 1.8tdci, 2008. many thanks

What mileage is she on? Mine's a 2008 but only on 42,000 miles so just wondering when I can expect issues like these?

Hope you get some good news about the parts.

millage is 74k and these apparantly are very prone to go on the wishbone mine has no rubber lol, also the rear bushes but atm mine is ok...

id take it to ford to replace the arms they want £500, 190 per arm each side and 120 labour, for 1.5hrs graft.....

i know its going take longer outside the house but it saves cash....

Ford dealers won't mess around wit that they only sell complete arm they don't supply separate parts loose out on to much money best bet buy to spurious wishbones from motor factors u need a press to replace bushing it be more hassle I sure u find cheap wishbones

i can get oe spec from euro for 90 per corner. but i still dont know the taper of the ball joint. is the taper the thread thickness where it goes through the hub, or is it the actual dimension of the ball jont?

Any good motor factor should be able to tell you off your reg if the worst comes you'll just have to take the arm off and go and match it up at the factors have you got a lvw senars by you I find there pretty good and cheaper than euro parts .i should imagine the taper is the bottom dia of the ball joint .not to bad off a job to do either well within the home mechs capabilitys .

• Like 1

The reason they wont replace the bushes alone is its near impossible to fit them without bending the arm giving bad steering and handling you can buy the arms off eBay easily enough but cost wise its still about the same the tracking needs done and will be in the costs thats what i paid to have it done i know a guy who got an indy to do just the bushes and the car was pants afterwards in the end he paid for bushes and fitting then for new arms and fitting.

And yes all focis suffer from this im afraid

no, never heard of them..... we have places like cargo, euro, or general traffic also a2z etc... upon movin the car this mornig, i noticed a little puddle, opened up the bonnet to see a oiley substance on my crap tray which is directly under my pas bottle... ooops what now lol

i no its only 4 botls and the ball joint looks easy to do (prolly not) but as the car is on the facelift change over (mine is facelift) so you type ur reg in and it comes up with pre-face lift 2005-2008. unsure if they changed the dia between the years.....

theyre 21mm i believe, i had mine changed in the summer. theres a colored on the band around the balljoint which indicates which size it should be

What mileage is she on? Mine's a 2008 but only on 42,000 miles so just wondering when I can expect issues like these?

Hope you get some good news about the parts.

I'm still on my original ones at 125k miles.

just to clarify, yes mine are 21 mm. dont measure the taper at the top off the ball joint, push the rubber down and measure the bottom. the top of mine are 17.48mm and the bottom are 21.57 mm

used one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150mm-Electronic-Digital-Vernier-Calipers-Gauge-Micrometer-Measure-LCD-Hard-Case-/200942126638?pt=UK_Measuring_Tools_Levels&hash=item2ec915862e

also if your car has the xenon lights (shine a bright white colour) then they are 21mm.

if tit has nornal bulbs then they are 18mm...

hope this helps people in the future...................

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club