Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drive Belt.

tomtom16

need to change my drive belt. its looking a bit old and cracked. The problem i have is i have never done one on a ford. i know its a simple job but would like to know more before i start.

i have got 4 pulleys and i cant see a tensioner or any way of slacking the belt. would an o3 plate zetec have a stretchy belt and do i need special tools to remove it. i have looked online and can find a diagram with the same pulleys but nothing about how to slacken the belt.

sorry for being think..

no no air con. got water pump,alternator pas pump and the cam pulley.

do you have a cam shaft locking pin?

by crank pulley i just mean the one that comes out the engine to drive the belt the very back and bottom one when looking and down from the front. i dont have any locking nuts was under the understanding that i didnt need one to change the drive belt.

sorry im good with my hands not words lol

yea wouldn't dare change a timing belt thats why i know its not a hard job i have changed one before but im new to fords and on my old 206 it took like 5 mins lol

in that case, slacken ur alternator off...

that it lol is there no tensioner then? how does that work?

U can use special tools or take 2 top bolts out alternator an loosing bottom a tad an get big grips when putting back on new belt

thanks find it strange the isn't a tensioner lol but thats why i'm here now i just got to find the right belt got one the other day and it was way to long lol http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Ford_Focus_1.6_2003/p/car-parts/engine-parts/belts-chains-and-tensioners/car-drive-belt/?202777455&1&a06c9c2f4b4c06202f322224b9ac9c3e079f81db&000108 would that be the right one?

yes as it states without a/c. if you could id personally use a jimmy bar or similar on the alternator (space dependant obv) when tightening up, as to how tight ive always done it just before it reaches half a turn. hope this helps

yea helped alot. didnt think of moving alternator lol no just gotta sort my subframe out lol feel free to help with that post guys. and thanks again.