Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Questions

Yorkshireman

I would like to modify my car in the following ways:

• Get rear tinted windows like Titanium trim; tinted glass not stick on.
  • New headlights and rear registration light(s)
  • Rear bumper skirt

Car: Ford Focus Sport 1.6TDCI 11 reg.

Leading from that I have the following questions:

1. (This isn't relevant to the above but just curiousity.) Is Zetec S the highest trim level? I thought Titanium X is the best trim.
  2. I frequently see headlights that look different depending on the angle. So from the side - from the other lane - it's a normal beam, head on it's nice clean white, above or below it may be slightly blue. I understand it's a mix of xenon lights and lens. As an example, because I appreciate my explanation may not be great, you'll see this on most new cars particularly Range Rover Evoque, Skoda Octavia, BMW, Audi etc. I know it's not for top end cars because I've seen them on old bangers, old Vaux Vectras, old Toyota Avensis, etc It seems taxi drivers know where to find these headlights. lol Since my explanation is so poor I don't want to go into somewhere asking this and I don't even know where (besides eBay) I can go. This question is two fold; one, what's this technology called? two, where can I buy?
  3. I mention above I want to modify the rear reg light. By this I would simply like to change the bulb so the light is white, like LED perhaps. Can I get this from Halfords or is there more to than simply changing the bulb?
  4. Am I right in thinking that Ford would be able to order tinted windows for the back; so that's the two rear passenger windows, the smaller windows at the back and the rear window? I presume they can because what if a Titanium trim damaged its windows, they would need replacement windows. I can't imagine there's a difference in dimensions with Sport and Titanium so surely I can just order tinted windows (be it very expensive) from Ford?

I would like to of provided examples for the lights but I cannot find any. Hope you can help.

Thank you for reading.

Think the headlights you have seen are probably HIDs. I have them and they are very good if not strictly legal.

Number plate bulbs you need LEDs try get Cree but more expensive but worth it

Can't answer your question about tints I'm afraid but stick ons will be far cheaper.

I think titanium x is the higher spec trim but it's more internal extras I believe so you don't get the body kit, bigger rims and lowered suspension...

With regards to the reg plate lights most downward facing LEDs will do the trick (normal forward facing bulbs will cause an uneven shine on the car).

You can find them on eBay as cheap as £3 for the pair.

I believe tinted glass can be sourced as auto glass ask if it's tinted glass when you call them out for a replacement but this will cost you an absolute fortune!!

Heated rear window could cost you £250 alone lol

So I would recommend tinting film, get it done at a good recommended place and you will get a lifetime guarantee

With regards to the lights I'm guessing they are xenon headlights which one or two members on here have done an upgrade but not 100% sure they are legal as you need to have them fitted with an auto levelling system I believe

Think the headlights you have seen are probably HIDs. I have them and they are very good if not strictly legal.

Number plate bulbs you need LEDs try get Cree but more expensive but worth it

Can't answer your question about tints I'm afraid but stick ons will be far cheaper.

I think titanium x is the higher spec trim but it's more internal extras I believe so you don't get the body kit, bigger rims and lowered suspension...

With regards to the reg plate lights most downward facing LEDs will do the trick (normal forward facing bulbs will cause an uneven shine on the car).

You can find them on eBay as cheap as £3 for the pair.

I believe tinted glass can be sourced as auto glass ask if it's tinted glass when you call them out for a replacement but this will cost you an absolute fortune!!

Heated rear window could cost you £250 alone lol

So I would recommend tinting film, get it done at a good recommended place and you will get a lifetime guarantee

With regards to the lights I'm guessing they are xenon headlights which one or two members on here have done an upgrade but not 100% sure they are legal as you need to have them fitted with an auto levelling system I believe

Thank you for replying guys, you have cleared up some points.

I were expecting the glass to set me back a lot but the worry over tint stickers overcomes it, I'll have to do some saving.

So the headlights I'm looking for is HID? I like the angel eyes kind so hopefully I can find something. Do you suggest eBay or is there a shop I can walk into? In the South Yorkshire area (though willing to travel). Auto levelling is that a feature of the headlights or of the car?

I'm still unsure where my trim lies. Is Zetec, Sport, RS and ST on one side of the coin, and then Titanium, etc the other?

Every now and again you will see the full set of rear tinted windows come up on eBay I managed to get a complete set for only £20 doubt you will see a bargain like that again but you never know if you do find a set hunt around for a independent glass fitter to install them a guy did mine for £50 auto glass and one other wanted in excess of £350 .or if you feel confident not to touch your paint work with a cheese wire you could do them yourself .

Youre trim level is sport unless you want to fail an mot leave the hids alone and upgrade the bulbs

I have factory HID lights on the wifes Focus and aftermarket HID's on my Focus (had them on my last focus too), never had an issue at MoT time. However, it sounds like you'd probably have fitting issues, they're not plug and play. These are probably a better bet, I haven't tried them though they get good reviews... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Osram-Night-Breaker-64210NBP-Headlight/dp/B0047N0B0U

They're a straight swap for your dipped beam(high/main beam is a different lamp on your car). Is your car a Mk2.5 or Mk3? If Mk3 you'll need to check which lamp is required.

if its of interest i do have a genuine ford rear heated windscreen in privacy glass going spare and i'd be willing to sell it for a lot less than 250quid

a good compromise if you cant source the side windows in privacy glass would be to just tint the side windows but fit a privacy glass rear screen, as if you tint a rear screen n ever need to remove it later the tint film may damage the heating element of the screen

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club