Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Timing Belt Replace Focus Mk2

eliaskok

Hello guys and Merry Christmas.

I going to replace a timing belt for a ford focus mk2 tomorrow and i wanted to know how straight forward job is it? i will also replace the water pump and the tensioner.

I know i have to put the camshaft and crankshaft in TDC while the belt is on and then i have to take the old one and put the new one on. Is there way after i replace the new one to lock the camshaft or crankshaft, because i will have to replace the crank pulley after i've done. Let me know guys for any recommendation to make it easier

cam shaft locking pin and plate

So I just put them on TDC and then I use lock pin?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Ford OC mobile app

is this the 1.6 petrol?

If so I recently did my 1.6ti-vct practically the same minus the VCT I bought the full locking kit that made the job alot easier, this is the steps as follows,

after removing everything for access,

remove spark plugs to aid turning the engine,

turn engine to just before TDC insert crankshaft locking pin into rear of block

(you need to remove a small blanking plug and then screw the locking pin all the way in)

turn engine untill fully rested on pin

remove start motor and insert flywheel locking tool (the most vital tool in my opinion)

remove valve cover and insert valve locking bar to check the timing is right.

remove the bar and then undo the crankshaft bolt I tried an impact wrench air and electric which diddnt budge the bolt instead use an extensive and a piece of wood too support it and using a breaker bar with a 4ft pole on the end undo the bolt if still stuck knock the !Removed! out of the bolt with a hammer whilst someone pushes down on the bar.

Reinsert the camshaft locking bar

Remove belt and tensioner then the water pump

fit new water pump tensioner and belt remove tensioner pin remove locking bar and fit crankshaft and bolt torque correctly!!!

remove flywheel and crankshaft locking tool turn engine over twice reinsert locking tools to check that the timing is correct if it is reassemble.

Job done.

Infact their are some slight differences to mine pm us your email address and I will send you the full instructions.

Just little tip u can buy small blow torch an u heat up crank bolt for couple minutes really helps if have impact gun it will fly out when heated u must replace bolt to there stretchy bolt

Just little tip u can buy small blow torch an u heat up crank bolt for couple minutes really helps if have impact gun it will fly out when heated u must replace bolt to there stretchy bolt

I was thinking about trying that but was worried about damaging the seal. breaker bar was easiest took two sec and it was off.

Just saved the whole step by step with diagrams in pdf may just upload it to drop box and leave a link here.

Hi,

Would appreciate to see a step by step with pics. Also, kindly indicate if its for a petrol or diesel. Thanks!

Hi,

Would appreciate to see a step by step with pics. Also, kindly indicate if its for a petrol or diesel. Thanks!

got guides for both petrol or diesel but the one stated above is for petrol 1.6 100bhp,

btw the guides are not made by me they are just what I have access to , also have ford microcat.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Any chance can upload please 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club