Get Your Club gear
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
garmag

black smoke

5 posts in this topic

Hi to you all,

I have the usual problem with my 54 plate mondeo tdci in that i get a lot of black smoke when accelerating.I changed the egr valve last year which was a genuine ford valve brand new but was fitted through a friend so it is near impossible to take back to ford.

I only seem to get this problem when i accelerate in 2nd or 3rg gear and a plume of black smoke appears.

as the egr valve has been done i am wondering if the problem could be something else??

please help

Classic EGR symptoms mate. Get your mate to blank it off see what happens then.

ok thanks for the advice.Any ideas where i would get a blanking plate and what the procedure is to fit it

ok thanks for the advice.Any ideas where i would get a blanking plate and what the procedure is to fit it

Not something I've ever done mate. There could be other reasons, blocked air filter, engine needs a good thrashing to blow the cobwebs out especially if its only used on stop start short journeys.

Have a look on Mondeo Enthusiasts Group cos I know they are slightly different on the Mondeo to the focus

Maybe just one more thing to check, simple one:

Check the tube that connects EGR valve and Intercooler. It cracks easily on all Turbodiesels and results in loss of power and black smoke.