Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should I Be Worried By The 1.6 Tdci Dpf,turbo And Egr Problems

Fuzz

I have a focus 1.6 tdci sport (2007) and have heard a lot about turbo, dpf and egr failiures, should i be concerned, Ive not had any such problems with my car so for since I bought it in November this year. Is it best to go for a 1.6 petrol one than keeping the tdci until problems start arising, already Ive had to replace the fuel pump which had a broken seal and now Ive noticed the water is also dripping around the same area just further below the fuel pump from a silver metal pipe junction.

Please advise...Thankx

• Like 1

OK so the Turbo is prone but with some TLC< regular servicing, and the correct oil it should be fine.

The DPF needs a good run to keep it regenerated. I suggest drive it like you stole it now and then to keep it in good health, others say a casual drive down the motorway should be fine.

EGR can get sticky, but most of us opt to blank it off.

As for the water, it could be something to do with the power steering. Are you sure its water? was it after the aircon was on? or when you have used your washers?

Even if you choose not to blank your egr cleaning it is similar to cleaning a throttle body. Egr valve can become cloggeg on almost any car.

As for the dpf and turbo good servicing as james said is the best cure.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Hi guys, thankx for your responses and @James, yes its definitely the water because the coolant level has dropped twice before and after I poured in some stop-leak into the coolant tank, it stopped dripping for about some 4 weeks and now its dripping again.

guess may have to change the oil and filters at least twice a year just to be on the safe side.

wow...Im planning on taking it to the ford dealership to have a look and confirm what it is before I can pour more of that stop-leak coz I cant afford to have it repaired at the mo if its anything to do with the water pump, but as you say Mick, if its the egr cooler pipe, how big a job is it to do, is it something I can DIY..

I wouldn be going to main dealer they probably charge u an hours labour to tell u what u already no can u get a picture of it so we could confirm exactly wat it is I sure u would have no problem doing it urself

You probably rite, I will get under the car tomorrow morn and take a clear pic...thankx..

No problem sure keep us updated an when u are going replace hose I would advise getting new thermostat o ring an remove thermostat an flush system with garden hose that leak sealer stuff can cause lot of blockage issues best sorting it before it happens

Hi guys, thankx for your responses and @James, yes its definitely the water because the coolant level has dropped twice before and after I poured in some stop-leak into the coolant tank, it stopped dripping for about some 4 weeks and now its dripping again.

I would not put that stuff near my car, causes more problems than it solves, might stop the leak for a while (if you are lucky) but it can also clog your radiator, etc what is it with "quick fixes" out of bottles, cans etc

Hi guys, I've managed to take some pics of where I saw the water dripping from, they attached here....

post-49018-0-40856200-1388596685_thumb.j

post-49018-0-84662400-1388596809_thumb.p

post-49018-0-89236500-1388596849_thumb.p

sorry guys I made a mistake ealier in the thread when I said its a metal pipe its actually not metal but the black plastic?nylon looking tube as shown in pics.

Just order pipe then an u be all sorted best flushing it aswell doubt part be too expensive fingers crossed ha

Looks like a seal might have gone. Take it to an independant garage, most are more than competent and could resolve this for less than the dealers would charge you to diagnose this issue...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club