Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Needed!

Ian@Essex

Ok lets start with details.

I drove in to flood water sucked up a good amount of water and my engine cut out and battery went flat because I had lights etc on as I was on a main road. I have since drained engine oil, changed oil filter, glow plugs and air filter drying all relevant parts along the way. (battery was disconnected while work was carried out.)

I come to start it today with my partners car to jump my car. When I turned the key to stage 1 instruments went odd to say the least. My rev counter started ticking like a clock! Then when I turn to stage 2 everything dies power wise and goes blank. Then if I turn to stage 3 to try turning the engine over a machine gun type sound comes from engine bay I'm assuming this is my starter motor.

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Did any water get into the air filter ??

With the jump starting issue it sounds like your battery is not getting enough charge from your partners car are you using heavy duty jump leads too ?

Water got in to air filter and in to engine. My rods seem ok as they move easily when I cranked it by hand.

Jump leads are not what I would call heavy duty but box claimed they were (Cheap).

Fist thing I would do is try a replacement battery

But I will be very surprised if you have not bent a con rod or 2 as water does not compress so something has to give :(

If you have and if you get the car to start it will misfire if not your a very lucky chap

Well I'm going to get a new battery and then see what happens from there.

Thank you for your input so far.

Fingers crossed for you Ian

If bad news and you have fully comp insurance you can claim for this type of accident

Water in engine ouch time to get it looked at and call the insurance

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club