Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tips for MP3 CD's

ogryn

I've spent most of the evening tinkering with burning MP3 CD's then going out for a short-drive testing the result. Here's a few tips I hope some others may find useful:

1) The player doesn't mind if you use CD-R or CD-RW (as long as it is mastered)

2) The player doesn't mind CBR (constant bit-rate) or VBR (variable bit-rate) MP3 files (and the manual says it plays WMA and WAV as well, although why anyone would want to boggles my mind)

3) There is a limit to the number of folders you can have (root and sub-folders combined) before it starts acting funny. I'd place it around the 80 mark. More than this then it becomes difficult to browse the directory tree and the info button starts displaying things incorrectly.

4) If certain tracks skip at certain points (always the same track... we're not talking pot-hole jumps here), then check it's encoding. I've found that ticking the "Force ISO Compatibility" checkbox in DBPowerAmp music Converter and then re-encoding the song (can be the same bit-rate) fixes the issue.

5) I'd discourage using iTunes for burning the data CD. It seems to prefix the directories and tracks with numbers which wasn't helpful with #3. The built-in Windows disc burning seems fine.

As a side-tip which I haven't seen mentioned before, the manual talks about being able to hook-up certain phones and use their GPS functions and the screen will show the turns to make along with speak it out. Check out: http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/mo...gation/overview

Looks like Nokia phones running S60 have the feature, although they'd be missing a trick if they didn't get this running on iPhone/AppStore soon.

You are right! Ford site states that certain NOKIA phones may navigate on Ford based Mobile Navigation. However no information is given, how to get it, install it etc. Anybody dealt with it?????

its basically same as the n95 has on it... mobile based sat nav.... maps are on phone and display them for you, you get a special antenna fitted etc... not for everyone but you will see more of it in the next 6-12 months... was at last training course we done at ford college