Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Folding Mirror And Electrics Problem

carterST

Hi guys,

Bit of a strange one for my first post :)

For the last few weeks the passenger side electric folding mirror on my 2006 Fusion+ doesn't fold in but the driver's side is fine. When locking with the key fob the passenger side mirror makes a really loud buzzing/whirring sound as if the motor is trying to engage and stops after about 10 seconds when the drivers side mirror has fully folded.

At first I thought this could be a loose connection or a blockage of some kind that is stopping the motor from doing its job. I attempted to get access to the mirror compartment by taking the front fascia panel off but quickly found it was enclosed and not wanting to mess things up I just put the panel back on. I have noticed there is a small panel on the inside of the door that looks as if it lets you access the mirror unit from the other side but it seems really difficult to prise off (suggestions?).

On top of this I have noticed today that the headlights that come on briefly when you unlock the car only work on the drivers side too (although both headlights work fine when the car is running). So now I'm thinking it could be a more substantial electrical fault like a bad earth or something. Any ideas folks or has anyone had his problem before?

Cheers,

Steve.

Sounds like water ingress might have affected some looms. Check the fuseboxes and make sure they are all dry and free of water damage.

Ok will do.

Highly likely with all the wet weather we've been having.

Thanks.

Let us know how it goes! but yes, the rain doesnt really do any favours!