#31 goldnblack

goldnblack

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: andrew
  • Ford Model: focus zetec S 1.0 ecoboost
  • Year: 2014

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:48 PM

besides all the regular voltage related reasons something else to remember is once the stop start as restarted it will not shut down again until the road speed as exceeded 3 mph or if you have taken your seatbelt off for any reason and  as not been re-fastened

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#32 ForestFocus

ForestFocus

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: Michelle
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2012

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:52 PM

My stop/start stopped working about 6 weeks before the warranty was due to run out (end of April 2015) - took it and left it with the Dealer. They rang me later in the day to say that they given it a long test drive and it was working perfectly.  I picked the car up later that day and drove home - it didn't work. It didn't work at all.  What's more, being suspicious, I took the mileage reading when I dropped the car off and guess what?  It hadn't moved at all when I picked it up.

I was slightly fed up and felt a bit stupid so didn't call Dealer back until following week.  They agreed to take it in again but made me feel a bit of a fool until I pointed out it had NOT been on a test drive - long or otherwise!  I dropped the car off in the morning and they phoned me in the afternoon to ask if I could leave the car over night as the 'smart' battery (separate from main battery) needed trickle charging as it was below working order.

Picked the car up next day and all working perfectly.  

The problem is, so I have been told by the Ford Dealer, that I don't do enough miles each day anymore.  I used to do a 30 mile round trip - now I only do 2 and maybe longer at weekends.

2 months on and out of warranty - it is no longer working again.  Absolutely no point in taking it back as I obviously can't do enough miles to charge it up.  Pointless waste of time but at least doesn't affect the performance of the car!

#33 james_60

james_60

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Name: Jamie
  • Ford Model: 2013 Focus Titanium X 1.6TDCI 115BHP
  • Year: 2013

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:08 PM

Hey

my car has had its 3rd battery replacement,

the car seems to eat/fry batterys. 

It all starts with the stop start failing

Jamie

#34 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,995 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:53 PM

Doesn't mean its the stop start quite a few fords have had this issue with two main theories one is the remote fob is too close to the car and activating it constantly the other is the interior light although it switches off is remaining live killing the battery the fact this happens means the battery voltage is too low for the stop start to work in the first place so its not the stop start its effecting the stop start

As for dealers not looking at the car that's common all they do is stick it in the corner and concentrate on the paying customers

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users