Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't Remove Door Cards?

K-Singh

I am having trouble removing the door card. I have removed the handle cover and loosened the 2 screws, electric window switch removed and the screw behind the handle together with the 2 rivets on the lower door card sides. I tried using some force but the clips simply do not let go. Can anyone help with this? does anyone have a picture of where the clips are located?

photo555_zps7bf21b5a.jpg

you need to remove all the screws before it comes off bud, and also in the handles to open the doors there is a little black cover remove that and you find another screw holding it in, the clips simply pull off / pop if you give it a little tug

sorry didnt read it properly, the clips shoudl just pull off one at a time ?

If only someone had made a video and put it in the guides section.... ;)

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/31271-guide-video-how-to-remove-door-cards-mk7/

Hi thanks for the vid i have followed it and used the haynes manual but the clips are just not letting go, i used a plastic trim removal tool to make a gap then tried pulling but all I seem to be doing is bending the doorcard

Hi thanks for the vid i have followed it and used the haynes manual but the clips are just not letting go, i used a plastic trim removal tool to make a gap then tried pulling but all I seem to be doing is bending the doorcard

something must still be conencted bud they aint that strong only cheap plastic clips i broke 3 getting mine off

Make sure the screws are definatly right out, just keep going around the bottom giving it a good pull until it unclips. I had to give mine a good yank to get it of but it's only clips so I wouldn't worry about it

You need a trim tool to pull them without breaking the card.

It looks like a cross between a crowbar and a screwdriver.

Finally managed to do it got brave and gave it a strong pull and all clips simply released luckily nothing broke. I covered the door in some sound deadening including behind the speaker and the difference is day and night, no more nasty rattles and a load more bass. Driver door got the same treatment.

photo6_zpsac9643b4.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club