Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta 1.6 Tdci Owner

jamesca80

Hi all

Today I put a deposit down (only £100) on a 2010 Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Zetec with 39k miles on the clock with FFSH.

I have a few questions following my test drive and general looking over the car that I wanted to see if anyone could help me with.

- The car has a DPF ( I had thought it hadn't) but have been since told it has the non-fluid version which is better than other option? What issues does the dpf cause with this engine? anything to look out for?

- Possibly linked to the above I had a friend who works in Ford dealership check the reg and it came back with 2 warranty cards issued to it in Jan 2013 for ECU recalibration as it wasn't running right? The work was noted as completed but slightly worries me as also noted that for it's first MOT in July 2013 it had 37k miles on it so since then only done 2k miles....

- Turbo lag changing gear, noticed this on test drive and did some immediate research which seems to suggest it is common on these? also that a ecu upgrade from Ford has addressed this and also blocking off the egr valve improves this?

Can comes with 'comprehensive' (we will see) 12 month guarantee from dealer along with full service and a years MOT and Tax but now I've put deposit down I'm wanting to address concerns.

Thanks in advance

I have a 1.6TDCi also so may be able to help a little.

The dpf shouldn't cause you any problems as long as you take it for a good drive or thrash it every now and again, I don't do mega miles and it hasn't caused me any problems.

The turbo lag is just something I have had to get used to, I think I actually like it when I can feel the turbo kicking in, if that's the right word! Haha

Not sure about any ecu re calibration so can't help with that I'm afraid.

Enjoy the car!

• Like 1

As above as long as you give it a good run sort of 20 mins half hour at motorway speeds is more than enough for the car to do a regen cycle on the dpf. I also have a 1.6 tdci the turbo lag is just something you put up with in the beginning until you adapt to it or floor it so it's always on boost like me :). The ecu could be anything mine was recalibrated just for 17" rims. So could be anything

• Like 1

Thanks both - I think my driving will be ok with the dpf it was just whether in it's previous life the 39k miles also wouldn't have caused issues

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club