Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 Focus 1.8Tdci Strange Noise From Front

Chinny

Hi everyone

I am new to the forum and would like some help from you ford experts

I have a 2006 ford focus 1.8tdci sport I think engine Code is KKDA?

Around 2 months ago mainly from cold if I accelerate around a left hand corner I can hear a vibration that sounds like it's coming from around the bottom pulley area of the engine and sometimes when I'm at higher rpm but seems to fade as the car gets warm.

Problem number 2 started about 6 months ago when I put the car into reverse I heard a click type noise from front of the car which also progressed and start every time I pulled of in 1st or reverse and also when changing down at junctions, the problems are really annoying as I have looked everywhere and everything seems fine.

The only work I've done to the car which was only last week was new cambelt kit and new water pump

Can someone please help or point me in the right direction

Many thanks

Sounds like a possible clutch thrust bearing issue for #2, and the first sounds like a cv or bearing issue?

It's all on drivers side when I let the clutch out it gives a click noise almost like it's with the engine moving, I've had one suggestion that could be top mount but I've looked at it and it has one small crack in rubber and if I shake the engine doesn't seem to have much movement

It could be the gearbox and/or engine mounts. The fact you find some damage would suggest that its worth replacing them. The issue is that you can not move the engine enough by hand to really identify the issue, even a fraction of movement can transfer under load to a noise.

That's true I was using a bar to lift engine and was rocking by hand I think I will change them when I do cambelt

Definably worth it, hopefully its a small but simple fix!

Me to just had to do water pump and cambelt and 4 new tyres don't want to spend anymore lol😢

I cant say I blame you.

Expensive bills are never good, especially this close to the festive period!

I have an update

The car has now developed a squel constantly which I have found the auxiliray belt idol pulley bearings are shot and movement in the pully, I was wondering if this could be the cause of the vibration from cold well since today it's doing it all the time?

And ideas would be great other wise I will update you once I've changed it

it would certainly cause some vibration, and if it needs to be replaced anyway its as good a place to start!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Sorry for late reply, only just got round to taking a look at my car and found out it was the !Removed! header tank not pushed in correctly,

So thank you all for your help

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club