Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 1.4 Duratec Loosing Coolant

adz83

Hi, my girlfriends 1.4 fiesta is losing coolant, initially i suspected it could be head gasket failure as there was some brown gunk around the oil filler, however it dosen't have any other symptoms; it never overheats and theres no white smoke coming from the exhaust. Any common issues with this engine that may be causing this?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

The Fiestas have an issue with the case of the thermostat cracking. It is on the passenger side of the engine, or there is a pipe underneath wich requires the airbox and battery case needs removing to get to.

Mine broke it's water pump this time last year and lost coolant sort of in lumps at night, look down the belt side of the engine on the A/C pipes and you will see some red coolant clinging on very often, also look in the little belt protection tray that will have a little pool holding on, otherwise follow the larger coolant pipes from radiator end to block looking for cracks and or leaks check the coolant expansion cap for a rubber seal and tightness. Also listen out for a mettalic cracking noise which you will hear over the normal operational clack clack of the noisey little bugger.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Ford OC mobile app