Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is My Mk 6 Zetec 1.4 Climate Supposed To Have Remote Central Locking?

peanutismint

I had a mechanic out to look at my 2007 Ford Fiesta Zetec Climate because of a battery problem. I bought it from a reputable nationwide dealership about 4 months ago.

While he was fixing it, he remarked that the key I have doesn't look like an original. He said it had a 'blue' chip in it (for the immobiliser I assume) where usually they're meant to be red. He also said most of the originals are the remote type which activates the central locking....

Does anybody know whether my car is actually capable of remote central locking or is it not meant to have that feature?? I'll admit, for a car of that age, when I bought it I did assume it had remote central locking; it wasn't until I actually got the keys handed to me that I realised it wasn't.... Which is a bit annoying as there's only a key slot on the driver's side door....

Anybody know??

Definitely should have RCL.

Did you only get one key with the car or do you have two passive keys?

I am only going from memory because I am on holiday but I am pretty sure my passive key has a blue chip in it, and that's the original key from purchase

If I were you though I would take it up with the dealership you bought it from and ask where the RCL key is, or get them to help replace it

Definitely should have RCL.

Did you only get one key with the car or do you have two passive keys?

Can I ask what you're basing this on? Is there a website or something similar that states that this car should have some with RCL from new? I don't mean to doubt you (I obviously hope you're right!!) but would be good to have some 'proof' that I should have had one before I go pestering the garage...!!

I did only get the one passive key with the car. I have been meaning to get another one cut because knowing me it's only a matter of time before I lose one or lock it in the boot or something...!! But if it turns out I can get an RCL key then I'd definitely do that.

I am only going from memory because I am on holiday but I am pretty sure my passive key has a blue chip in it, and that's the original key from purchase

If I were you though I would take it up with the dealership you bought it from and ask where the RCL key is, or get them to help replace it

I would happily take it up with the dealership but I don't want to go pestering them unless I know that my car is actually capable of RCL....

Go to a website called Ford Etis.

Enter your reg or Vin, this will tell you what spec your car is.

Wow, great link! Thanks!

So I read thru the entire list and one part says:

Less Second Remote Ignition Key

but

With Door Entry Remote Control Unit

Is that the bit I'm looking for?? Should it have only come with one key but that key should have been a remote??

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club