HannaHexagon

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Name: Hanna
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2005

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

The light with the exclamation mark - I had a Mk1 Focus for eight years up til 2 years ago and don't recall any such light, other than the brake fluid/handbrake warning light.  Are you sure it's not that?

I'm very sure it's not that. The one you're on about is red, and on the right side of the dials. 

The warning light that came up on mine was yellow and on the left, right above the 'check engine' warning light.

There is a a powertrain light on fords yellow light on left side of cluster u will need fault codes checked

I'm quite convinced it's this.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 16,208 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:56 AM

Hi Hanna,

How quickly do you need this solving? if you can wait, have a look at my signature for "got an error on your car", and you can get yourself a code reader. Otherwise if you need it sorting sooner, you will need a garage to have a look.

#18 HannaHexagon

HannaHexagon

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Name: Hanna
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2005

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:59 PM

Hi Hanna,

How quickly do you need this solving? if you can wait, have a look at my signature for "got an error on your car", and you can get yourself a code reader. Otherwise if you need it sorting sooner, you will need a garage to have a look.

Hi James, I've got it sorted today thanks! :) I'll have a read quickly though, OBD and codes tend to interest me for some reason!

It turned out there was a leak... but in the thermostat holder, spewing out water! One of the bearings had gone on the cambelt pulley too which was triggering the warning lights. 

So, waterpump, cambelt and oil change, new thermostat holder and a quick look over. Not as bad as I'd expected! Thank you everyone.

#19 AdeMk1

AdeMk1

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Name: Ade
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk1 & Impreza Turbo
  • Year: 2001

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:36 AM

One of the bearings had gone on the cambelt pulley too which was triggering the warning lights.

Honestly? Never known this! Even when my Focus jumped a tooth on the timing belt I never got any warning lights, got a god awful noise though!

You sure this wasnt just a way of the garage getting you to have them change the belt?

I'd be questioning this if i were you.

Glad you got it sorted though none the less :)

#20 mick85

mick85

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:57 AM

I can assure u no light come on related to timing belt but u did right thing changing it due 8 years or 100k do was due how much all work cost u

#21 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 16,208 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:25 AM

Not bad at all, whats the dent in the pocket from it?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: break down, engine light, warning light, focus, 2005, mk 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users