Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is The Ford Edge Big Enough For 4 And Their Luggage?

Spinball

Hello folks,

we've been offered a Ford Edge as the rental car for our extended holiday in California.

We are a family of four with two teenagers and we would be using this car for a several thousand mile road trip, carrying all our luggage and posessions with us.

We will have four medium to large size suit cases plus whatever souvenires we want to buy along the way.

Will the Ford Edge be big (and comfy) enough?

Next vehicle on offer up in size is a people carrier which is somewhat more expensive and probably more cumbersome to drive.

Thanks

Hi Stuart. It looks like it should have enough for your needs. It being a crossover it is a proper 5 seater with a high loading boot. 32.2 cubic feet with the seats up and over 69 with these down.

http://www.ford.com/crossovers/edge/features/#page=Feature22

When you consider I took 5 of us on holiday in a Focus Hatchback including three girls and body boards, you should all be quite comfy in an Edge.

I think you should be fine to be honest, its a rather well spec'ed car in size and performance so shouldnt be an issue for you.

Thanks for the replies. I guess we'll commit to it, then.

If all else fails, pop to your local dealer and ask to have a look at an edge... play the "i'm thinking of upgrading" card and have a nosey :p

If all else fails, pop to your local dealer and ask to have a look at an edge... play the "i'm thinking of upgrading" card and have a nosey :P

Oh I thought they were a US-only model since I'd never heard of the edge up until offered it by BA. I'll do that, thanks.

Edit - just phoned Bristol Street motors and they didn't know what I was talking about. They thought 'Edge' was a type of specification.

So whan I asked to see an Edge, they asked which model. Ka, Fiesta, Mondeo etc.

So it looks like the Edge is indeed unavailable in the UK.

Oh I thought they were a US-only model since I'd never heard of the edge up until offered it by BA. I'll do that, thanks.

I think it is a US only model right now although there may be limited imports available. The new MK2 is supposed to be being released here in 2015 though.

My bad, I think I had the ecosport in mind, which if I am not mistaken is not too disimilar to the edge?

My bad, I think I had the ecosport in mind, which if I am not mistaken is not too disimilar to the edge?

They are in an entirely different class altogether, the Edge (Mid-SUV) is much bigger than the Ecosport (Mini-SUV), the Edge is a far better car overall IMO. Not a fan of the Ecosport.

I could swear the edge was rebranded here. Clearly I am going mad! It was either the ecosport or Kuga that I had in mind, but clearly you shouldnt listen to me on this as it appears I am both drunk and confused at the same time! :p

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club