AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Dovermondeo

Mondeo Tdci 05 Leak Off Test Results Help

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this site and I'm hoping for some help, my mondeo dies when under any sort of load, I have replaced the cam sensor and no difference, I just performed a leak off test, and the 100ml bottles were nearly full after 30seconds on tick over, are all if the injectors faulty or could it be something else?

post-49601-0-66205100-1388939712_thumb.j

for an accurate test, engine should be warmed up.

but either way, all the injectors are showing very excessive leak off...should be looking at a max of 20ml give or take the odd ml...

all need reconditioning

Thank you, when you say a maximum of 20ml is that over a certain time period?

cant remember off top of my head,think its over a minute.... but thats irrelevent really.. to leak off that much in 30secs is not good

I will replace them, quick question, I I buy second hand ones and recode them myself will they need to be uncoded from the vehicle I take them out of?

not sure i fully understand what your asking...but the injector codes are taken from the injectors themselves so not necessary to remove the codes from donor...when you punch the codes into your car it will automaticly supercede the original codes...would recommend making a note of the codes and what cylinders they go into for any future issues/reference

My injector numbers are EJDR00501z do you know if any of the other ones 101z 401z etc will work?