Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus tdci will not start

lyndytes

Hi

my 2003 focus 1.8 tdci has just stopped and will not restart, the glow plugs sign just flashes, any ideas

cheers :huh:

• 2 months later...
Hi

my 2003 focus 1.8 tdci has just stopped and will not restart, the glow plugs sign just flashes, any ideas

The glow plug warning light isn't necessarily telling you that there is a glow plug problem. It simply is telling you that there is an engine problem of some sort - could be serious, could be minor. About once a year this light flashes on my Tdci, and it usually means that the ecu(?) is playing up. Sometimes the local Ford garage have told me to switch the engine off, wait a while , and then restart the car; this resets the ecu and the engine works as normal. On other occasions, this doesn't correct the problem and I've had to take the car in, and they have found that there have been a number of "fault codes" over a period of time (their diagnostic computer reads the on board computer thingy).

I would suggest you get the car to a decent garage, where they can plug it in; the diagnostic 'pooter should instantly tell them what is wrong. Hope this helps.

:)