Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 1.8 Tdci 03 (In Profile Picture) Problem Starting In Morning

Gezziefizzle

I bought a 03 1.8 tdci ford focus 2 weeks ago ive noticed a few problems i already knew id need ed a cambelt change, im due to get the front wheel bearings, bottom arms (because the bushes have gone) and the cambelt kit fitted i am probably going to replace the rear shoes and drums too.

The main problem is when its cold it is a pain in the backside to start first thing in the morning i flick the heater plugs 3 times and it still takes a few minutes to tick over. Once it starts in the morning i never get the problem again until the next day. I do park the car in 3rd gear because the handbrake needs tightening. I dont think thats the reason it does it but its annoying me now. It also has a sump leak from the seal but i dont think thats the reason why it struggles to start, ive herd the sump leaks a common problem and not worth worrying about as its an easy fix. If anyone has any ideas it will be very much apreciated

No the glow plugs seem fine they dont flick on long which ive been told is a good thing. It only does it 1st thing in a morning rest of the day is fine. Ive been googling it and someone with same problem mentioned an air leak and because of that the fuel pressure drops over night. I need to have a look at the engine n check for cracked pipes its had a new flywheel and clutch so i cant see it being the flywheel

My focus has a badly put on air filter and there is a massive gap that someone bootch jobbed and mine starts fine even in the morning frosted over

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Im taking it in the garage in 2 weeks to get the other bits done i will just ask them to look into it if they will, i did find a pipe next to the fuel pipe and it had a hole but that just looks like its a pipe with insulation and the insulations wore off. Do i just remove one glow plug and then try and start it n try them one by one or do i do it another way? Surely if glow plugs was a problem it would struggle the rest of the day to start.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club