Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 1.0 Ecoboost (125) Please Help

Djianb

Hey guys,

Recently bought the 1.0 ecoboost and was contemplating spending a bit of money on in terms of a new air filter and maybe a remap for sound and performance reasons.

Anyone recommend putting on just a bog standard universal air filter or spend more and go for a maybe a K&N? Is there a performance gain from either? Or a noise gain at all??

Secondly has anyone had/used the bluefin remap for the 125ps version? If so was it worth the £350? I mean could you even tell with performance at all?

Sorry if these questions are asked all the time, just a newbie wanting some honest feedback and direction!!

Thanks

Ian

To be honest, a cheap pattern would be just as good as giving it a K&N filter to be honest.

I havent had any experience with the tuning, but given it has a turbo you should certainly get a kick out of it!

With the ti vct units a filter such as a reputable panel filter will do good and the remap will invalidate the warranty and yes they can tell even if you change it back

I didn't think they could tell if you changed it back?

they can tell easily nowadays what bhp was produced wht the power output was how long its all stored pumaspeed do mods some of which are ford approved and dont invalidate warranty a panel filter wont effect the warranty everything else does

They can tell if they look for it yes but I doubt they would look for it unless they have good reason to. Obviously at your own risk though...

Also, IIRC superchips will guarantee against any problems caused by the map for at least 12 months.

Found a tuning / remap centre that do it for £180 all in, have promised gains of 25bhp and 40nm this sound realistic and safe? They offer a lifetime guarantee.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club