Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello

1993 Mondeo Ghia

Hi all,

Probably a longer introduction than is necessary, but here goes...

Have run various Fiestas on and off since 2003, all except the first one have been on finance.

Current is a late 2005 (06MY facelift) Ghia 1.4 petrol with 95K on the clock, which we've run since 2009 when it had just 23K. Having a Fiesta with full leather interior still makes me smile!

It'll be paid off in June this year. Signed it over to the wife in 2012, after she went back to full-time and we decided that we needed a 2nd car for nursery pick-ups and commuting etc.

For me, I didn't see the point of having two small cars, and wanted a larger car for holidays and trips to Ikea etc, but didn't want to be on finance again, so out of necessity more than choice, I converted to "bangernomics" a couple of years ago - buying a large 90s saloon in nice condition for not a lot of cash - the purchase price is obviously offset by the mediocre fuel economy!

Started with a '94 Volvo 850 - typical one owner from new car with genuine 62K on the clock - built like a tank and 35mpg easily achievable; even the petrol Volvo 5-pots regularly see 300K, and I just wish I'd kept that 850. Every bill and MOT with it since new - all done by Volvo. She didn't give the problems often suffered by old low-mileage cars pressed into everyday use. I had the belts and fluids and filters changed, and I know she would have outlasted me if I hadn't had my head turned by a later but scruffier S70 2.5T with double the mileage. It's a rapid car, encouraging heavy use of the right foot, but a little too thirsty; and the list of things to do, to make it as tidy as the 850 was, is too long. It was a mistake to sell the 850.

I am picking up a 1993 Mondeo Ghia hatch this week - 2.0 auto, so not the most economical, but it'll be more laid-back than the S70 and a little less thirsty. Plenty of creature comforts - headlight washers, and the same heated screen that we love in the Fiesta, but no leather.

There looks to be no rust, and the interior looks to be mint, which is a big plus for me - I hate manky old interiors with suspicious stains...

It has Adaptive Suspension, which I understand was quite rare in it's day, though it seems to have a fault as the indicator light is permanently lit - will post up in the relevant section for advice on that soon.

Often described as bland, I always thought the first Mondeo was a very handsome car, and am looking forward to what I hope will be (relatively) hassle-free ownership.

I'm sure you guys will be as helpful as the Volvo bunch!

Hey there 1993 Mondeo Ghia welcome FOC this is a cool forum your gonna love this place :)

• Like 1

Hey there 1993 Mondeo Ghia welcome FOC this is a cool forum your gonna love this place :)

Many thanks!

Welcome to the family Nick!

I am sure you will love the mondeo!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club