Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Delivery Delays Of New Fords In December

PAPUMA

Hi

Is anyone else waiting for there Ford to be delivered. I was told my car would be delivered early December, but the date keeps getting moved. Latest is that Ford delivery shuts down for two weeks over xmas and new year, although customer support know nothing about that.

So wondering if anyone else is waiting for their car, missed initial delivery date etc., or am I jut being fed aload of bull. My car is coming from New Flushing.

Been waiting since September for my ST, built on 11/12/13 and arrived in Liverpool on Friday last week so should be at the dealer this week, at last!!!

Guess the Christmas and New Year break must delay things to some extent if mine has taken a month to get from Germany.

Last leg is with Eddie Stobart so he should be pretty efficient, well he is on the TV anyway.

I ordered a focus titanium navigator powershift 4th nov, was told delivery expected late Dec then January then February, now beginning of March, If. you google... OEM lead-time Report Dec 2013 at. gedrivertoolbox.com you will see that current lead times on Ford are about 11 weeks but extended lead times for titanium powershift and fiesta zetec, so maybe this accounts for my delay. Would like to know why?

• Like 1

Ordered a Fiesta Zetec S Ecoboost in mid November and dealer are saying likely to be first week of feb but no confirmed delivery date yet :(

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Ford OC mobile app

Well here's hoping you get yours on time, you may be lucky, it's the zetec s and titanium powershift showing delays. I've been waiting 10 weeks so far and have been given estimate of 17 weeks, the dealer says the consolation is I get the 2014 reg plate if it's march but rather have the car!! Perhaps the zetec s is in high demand and the powershift gearbox is in short supply? If anyone knows why there is this extended lead time on these models I be interested to know.

If you can stand the extra wait get a 14 plate it will increase your re-sale value in the future.

Yes, under normal circumstances this would be Ok but it's a Motability car which I am changing from manual to auto, a back injury problem so need this powershift ASAP. I know I have to wait as the dealers can't do anything but would just like to know where my order is in the pipeline if you know what I mean.

My Fiesta Titanium delivery date was put back two weeks due to Christmas break (from 28th December to 11th January), car was received at dealers yesterday. Hopefully, handover will be one day next week. That will be 10 weeks from ordering.

My delivery date was initially 10th Jan, that would have been 10 weeks. DLA even started taking the money off me for payment rate for new car. Dealer then told me a further 4 week delay and now a further 3 weeks taking it to 17 weeks, but can't give any reason for this as the order has not been processed by Ford yet, it's still in the pipeline. DLA have now given me my money back. I wonder how long Ford can delay?

Howard I know how you feel its all very frustrating I think Ford have totally under-estimated the demand for their cars.

Finally picked up my car last Friday, just over 20 weeks from order date. The most frustrating thing is that most buyers of the Fiesta Zetec s had their cars delivered at around 10 weeks. Ford gave me no reason why mine took so long to even get to build date, it was just a standard model, nothing that would cause any dely. Then once it was built it took another few weeks to actually deliver it to the dealer. Again no reason given, apart from being told on Dec 31 that the delivery system shuts down for two weeks over xmas and the new year. Customer care didnt even know this , I was told that by my dealer.

The car is great though and worth the wait, its just a pity that Customer care and the dealers cant give you simple info on where your car is at any stage.

Finally picked up my car last Friday, just over 20 weeks from order date.  The most frustrating thing is that most buyers of the Fiesta Zetec s had their cars delivered at around 10 weeks. Ford gave me no reason why mine took so long to even get to build date, it was just a standard model, nothing that would cause any dely.  Then once it was built it took another few weeks to actually deliver it to the dealer.  Again no reason given, apart from being told on Dec 31 that the delivery system shuts down for two weeks over xmas and the new year.  Customer care didnt even know this , I was told that by my dealer.

The car is great though and worth the wait,  its just a pity that Customer care and the dealers cant give you simple info on where your car is at any stage.

They haven't given me much info either. I have no idea what stage my order is at. All I know atm is 'it's looking to be first week of feb'. Would be nice for them to be able to give me a bit more than that

Placed an order with them for a focus zetecS over last weekend and been told to expect it by the end of March which I think is ridiculous. When I ordered my Audi A3 3 years ago i had it in 4weeks. Must be a ford thing.

Yes Ford have totally under estimated orders, especially it seems the Fiesta S zetec and the Titanium navigator which apparently are the two models in greatest demand as let's face it they brilliant cars. On the main Ford UK website it does state that delivery estimates are 10 to 12 weeks. Looking at the current news, car sales have been at their highest since 2007. I've had a Focus previously and now a Fiesta and they have been the best cars I've ever driven. My order is being chased up now so may get it mid Feb....but I have my fingers crossed.

Once the dealer has a build date he can go on the computer and see exactly where it is, I tracked mine via the various staging points in Germany and UK as far as Liverpool then it was on the back of an Eddie Stobart for the last leg, just keep on the dealers back and ask him for constant updates every few days. Did seem to take an age to be honest and you sort of think I could have driven myself to the factory in Germany and collected it on a trailer in a couple of days rather than a couple of weeks.

Thanks for that Phil, I have advised dealer I want the VIN as soon as he gets a build date but he doesn't seem keen for me to have access to order progress, is emailing the factory and supposed to be ringing me to update. I will start ringing regularly. He feels that if he puts a delivery date of March 1st it will def be here by then and says "it's only six weeks away after all" I reminded him that's a total of 17/18 weeks and said ASAP!!

I ordered in September with dealer saying you'll have it by end of October Ford didn't even build it till 11th December then a month to transport from Germany to Halifax, I could have walked it quicker lol

Sorry to hijack the thread guys, does anyone have any info on how long it takes for a car to be delivered once the build date has been confirmed.

I ordered my new lease car on 21st November, a mondeo titanium x business edition with a couple of optional extras, the build date has been confirmed as wc 06/01/14.

Most people seem to get them in 3 weeks from Build date. Mine was built on Nov 19 and was delivered to the dealer on Jan 8, but the delivery system was shutdown for two weeks over xmas and the new year.

Thanks for the swift response mate, lease company is telling me that the car will be delivered to the dealer by 31st Han and it's usually a week after that for final delivery to the customer.

That all seems to tie in with what you have said.

If your in a hurry for it tell the dealer to turn it round ASAP. As i had been waiting for so long my dealer had my car ready for me the day after it was delivered to them. Cant understand why it would take week to PDI and clean a car, unless there very busy. :-)

The only real time constraint I have is that if it's not delivered to me by 10th feb I have to wait till the end of the month due to our stupid payroll rules. I've still got my Audi A3 black edition until the mondeo arrives.

Just had a call from Ford. Car has been built and they are expecting delivery in the next couple of weeks :)

That was quick, half the time they took to get mine to me.

Its a great car mate, you'll love it. What colour and options did you get.

Completely standard except for tinted windows. N got it in race red