Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Delivery Delays Of New Fords In December

PAPUMA

Just had an update from my lease company and they are now saying my car is due in the uk on 27/02/14. Ggggggrrrrrrrrr

I know that feeling, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait, those Mondeos look very nice.

I rang the lease company to see what was going on and while I was on the phone I asked if they could give me the vin number, I'm a bit nosy and want to look on etis to see the actual build spec. The nice woman said yes of course, leave it with me as I can't see it on the screen so I will contact the dealer and get it for you right away.

Well credit where it's due she did Indeed contact the dealer who said they didn't have it, so, she contacted ford.

Ford themselves have now stated that a vin has not been attached to the car yet. Therefore it hasn't even been ruddy built. Gggggrrrrrr

I have no idea why they bother giving out build and delivery dates, they should just say you will get your car in around 22 weeks, if its earlier all the better.

In inclined to agree with you mate, my biggest issue is that the lease company wants my current car back as the lease expired on 06/01/14 as they clearly have a buyer for it which is fine, but I have no idea when my new one is coming now, I was hoping for early feb as I was told it had been built.

I suppose it not exactly a problem for me when it turns up as in the interim I still have my current lease car which is a top spec Audi a3

• 3 weeks later...

If it makes you feel any better I've just spoken to Dagenham Ford about my focus zetecS we ordered back in January which we expected to arrive beginning of march but now the build date is 21st of March with an expected arrival date around the 2nd week of April. I am gobsmacked.

Thanks for the reply mate, unfortunately my car that was ordered in November is estimated to be delivered on 04th April. As this is still only an estimate and based on what has happened so far, I now expect my car around June time haha