Photo

Ford Mondeo Zetec 2.0 Petrol Engine Rattle?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shepp44

Shepp44

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Name: Gareth
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Zetec
  • Year: 2002

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

Hi All,

Im new to this but wondered if any pro's out there could possibly help me. Ive just bought a ford mondeo zetec 2 litre petrol 2002 reg car. Its a great car that passed its MOT in November with no advisories.

Couple of things ive noticed, when the car is running on idle there is a "tapping/clunking, rattling noise coming from near the cam belt area. It doesn't sound too bad but I know anything making noise like that in an engine isn't good!!! I cant hear it once the car is moving???? Also, there is a squeaking noise coming from the right rear side of the car? I am going to take it to the ford garage in the next week or so but just wondered if anyone could advise me what they could be as to prepare myself for the repair bill!!!! Thanks in advance. ;)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mick85

mick85

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts
Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

Is it ur inlet manifold if u get a long screwdriver an touch it off where u think noise is an put ur ear to end of screwdriver it should amplify the sound

#3 Shepp44

Shepp44

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Name: Gareth
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Zetec
  • Year: 2002

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

Thanks Mick, I will check that tomorrow and get back to you :)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users