Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Rear Seat Entertainment System

adambell

Does anyone know if there is a way to play the audio from the rear seat dvd screens through the cars stereo system rather than the infra red headphones that are supplied?

Can't say I know of anything. As they are infrared, you cant even stream over bluetooth, but moreso there is no way to attach infrared to the stereo to my knowledge.

I wonder if I can get an infrared to radio converter type thing????

The reason I ask is I have an 18 month old son and the chances of him wearing headphones is slim to nil at best

I would be very surprised if you could buy such a device and if it would work!

If it has a conventional headphone jack, you could use an FM transmitter?

I'm not sure if it does, I haven't taken delivery of my car yet so I am unable to check.

I did see a video on YouTube of an American ford with a similar looking (the screen looked the same on the video) system where you could basically change the audio output to a radio frequency and then you simply add the same frequency as a favourite to the touchscreen head unit

Not sure if it will be different, but to be honest, the broadcast over FM is probably the best answer for a little one!

Exactly my thoughts mate, just need to find out how to do it now lol

Whats that? the broadcast over FM?

If you dont have the inbuilt FM Tuner, but you do have a 3.5mm jack, then a standard belkin tunecast or similar will do!

I'm not sure that the screens have a 3.5mm jack on them. If they do, I would simply use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack cable from the screen to the aux input socket in the arm rest

Only one way to find out I guess!

Not long to go though!

Very true mate. This appears to be a very option on the mondeo

Can the dealers not confirm any of this?

I've not tried to be honest, the last time I was in the local dealers they didn't even have a brochure so I'm not hopeful of they would be that helpful

I've just spoken to the lease company who tell me that my car is due to be with the supplying dealer on 31/1/14 and to me within 5 days after that so it's not too long to wait.

Not bad at all! only a short wait around the corner then!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club