Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Locking Issue

kelz20

Hi,

My boyfriend bought a focus estate yesterday and he has trouble locking the car.

He can lock the car fully when the key is manually inserted into the lock but if he tries to lock it using the remote locking it locks then unlocks itself. We have tested all doors and they are properly shut so I am assuming it is a faulty sensor somewhere.

It may need reprogramming.theres loads of videos on you tube than explain it better than I can here.

Good luck

Common problem, its a faulty or seized microswitch in one of the door solenoids.

Only way to find out which one it is would be to disconnect each door solenoid in turn and try locking via the remote.

Whichever solenoid is disconnected when you lock the car and it doesnt bounce back open is the faulty one.

You might be able to fix it by giving it a good spray with WD40 into the lock solenoid, worst case scenario is you will have to replace it with a second hand unit.

The solenoids are prone to water ingress.

If the locks are 'bouncing' it's most likely the drivers door unit (the primary module).

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club