Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Install Guide?

GothicRebel

Hi all. As stated last dec. I wanted bluetooth installed in my Titanium.

Well finally I found a scrapyard that had most of the bits I needed.

I've bought a bluetooth module - 8M5T-19C112-AT

A voice control stalk.

Bracket and screws.

Mic and loom

I still need to get the main patch loom that connects it all together.

Has anyone got a guide on where the looms go and how to set it all up?

And am I right In saying something needs programming to my car? I would guess the module? Can I do this myself as I bought one with USB. Or does a ford tech have to do it? Price?

Last question. Can I play music off my iPhone via USB only. Eg the USB cable that came with my iPhone 4S ?

Thanks Andy.

Hi Andy,

I did a guide about upgrading from just bluetooth to bluetooth and usb. Not exactly what you're after but there maybe some info in there that will help you out:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/78-how-to-upgrade-to-ipod-usb-from-bluetooth-only-on-facelift-mk2/

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

I did a guide about upgrading from just bluetooth to bluetooth and usb. Not exactly what you're after but there maybe some info in there that will help you out:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/78-how-to-upgrade-to-ipod-usb-from-bluetooth-only-on-facelift-mk2/

Thanks. Given me some info.

This ELM software. Downloaded to a laptop I guess. How and where do you connect to. Do you connect to the USB port on the Module? Or the port on the car near the steering wheel? And do you need a special cable?

Thanks

The ELM cable is a modified cable (you can by the standard cable from eBay but it needs soldering and a switch fitting) that connects from usb to the OBD2 port under the steering wheel. You should be able to get it working without this but I needed it to program in my module to get the voice control working again. Every other function was working though.

I've bought my module off a previous car at a scrappy. Delivered fri. Got a feeling I may have same problem as you.

Quite possibly but at least you will be able to get the rest of the functions working to check it out first. Have you pulled out your glovebox to check that the loom is there for the module?

Yea. I can't find it. I know it's got a long type connector that would plug into the module with but I can't see it anywhere.

I believe it's normally fairly well buried in the taped up loom on the left hand side. I was lucky that my car already had the bluetooth and voice control so it was obvious enough!

Upper left? Saying that give me a sec I'll take some pics of inside my glovebox.

I have a feeling it's kind of mid upper left and there is lots of foam and insulation tape around it.

I seem to remember that they come from somewhere down here:

post-45890-0-19649600-1389111200_thumb.j

Looks like you may have some other wiring plugs there too though. Could be for Audio/Mic patch leads but not 100%

post-19574-138911169141_thumb.jpg

The taped up wire I heard was the airbag off switch.

Might I add at this min isn't connected to anything. Has been taped up since I got the car

The other one (with grey foam) is my aux cable to glovebox.

As far as I can feel an see. There's no cable.

Where does the other end go to. I assume to the back of my sony radio?

On cars which have the Bluetooth/Voicectontrol wiring factory fitted the wiring is fully integrated into the interior wiring loom.

Usually cars with factory fitted Bluetooth/Voicecontrol wiring do have a large model interior light frame with a hole to fit the microphone.

SubLights.jpg

If your car has the small interior light frame without space for the microphone it most times means that the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol wiring is missing.

Also be aware that there are 2 different Bluetooth/Voicecontrol systems. The Old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system which was installed in the Focus MK2 and early MK2.5 models did have Mono sound and the modules could not be updated. The Newer Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system which was installed in Focus MK2.5 models produced after about 08/2008 did have Stereo sound, modules with and without USB/A2DP. Both the newer modules with and without USB/A2DP can be updated using the Ford audio update and a suitable (USB) cable. Wiring and modules of the old and newer Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system are not interchangeable.

post-19574-138911460569_thumb.jpg

This is my interior light. I don't think anything is inside it tho. Tho I haven't looked. I assumed as I've no wiring inside. And ford telling me bluetooth and Vc wasn't factory fitted.

When I get the parts on Friday I'll take some pics and hopefully someone can tell me which cable I need to complete it.

you have got the large model interior light frame which suggests there is a good chance that the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol wiring is pre-fitted in your car.

The Bluetooth/Voicecontrol connector can be well hidden. Most times it is taped to the wiring loom near the mounting location of the module. You can also check the microphone wiring. The connector of the microphone should be attached to the top of the interior light frame.

If the wiring is not present on your car you can retrofit the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system using the accessoire wiring loom (which is also included in the retrofit kit). Another posibillity is to remove the interior wiring loom of a scrap car, dismantle it and use only the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol wiring.

Looks like there is a chance that the wiring could be there then!

Hi all. As stated last dec. I wanted bluetooth installed in my Titanium.

Well finally I found a scrapyard that had most of the bits I needed.

I've bought a Bluetooth module - 8M5T-19C112-AT

A voice control stalk.

Bracket and screws.

Mic and loom

I still need to get the main patch loom that connects it all together.

Has anyone got a guide on where the looms go and how to set it all up?

And am I right In saying something needs programming to my car? I would guess the module? Can I do this myself as I bought one with USB. Or does a ford tech have to do it? Price?

Last question. Can I play music off my iPhone via USB only. Eg the USB cable that came with my iPhone 4S ?

Thanks Andy.

This is a guide I made last year when retrofitted to my RS, copied over from FRSOC so hope it works out :) http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/212-retrofit-bluetooth-with-voice-control-and-usb-for-focus-mk25/

Any questions shout up and I'll try to help :)

Morning gents.

I've pulled out my interior light. And found a cable sat in the plastic cover (pic 18 in gaz's guide) but no mic.

I've also pulled back as far as i can see the foam from the left side of my glove box and cant see gray colloured connecter or the loom.

I assume the loom is connected to the back of the radio. If i pull the sony unit out. Not sure if i need special tools to remove it. What am i looking for. If the wire / loom is in the radio, i can trace it to the glove box. And hopefully find where its hidden.

Seeing as i've the mic loom. Where does this end connect? Directly to the sony radio?

From what I've read if you've got the mic cable in the light housing you will have the rest of the cabling that plugs into the module. I think it will deffo be there somewhere. I'd you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the parts from the breakers. Trying to get a gauge on whether to get the parts from a breakers or just pay 200 for the full novero retrofit kit

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

Andy, the connectors are there mate they are usually well wrapped in electrical tape so you will need to remove some of this before you'll see them.

All I could see was a small part the large label attached to the audio patch cable (ring on pic) If you look closely I also had to cut a tie that was around the loom.

The BVC connector is the large connector (arrow) again wrapped in tape around the loom. The lead when released is about 8-10" long

post-41331-0-39039000-1389180952_thumb.j

Click on pics to make them full size, I'll try and make all the pics in the how to bigger :)

I'm not sure where all the wires for mic and BVC come from TBH and you should not have to remove the HU, It should be all plug and play.

From the gray foam you pulled back follow the loom down towards the footwell and you should see another gray connector, mine was not wrapped in tape.

post-41331-0-10882200-1389182353_thumb.j

Short of pulling out the foam crap, I can't find it. Can anyone take a pic of the wire that is connected at the head unit end.

I can then check mine. If it's there, then ok I will rip this foam stuff out.

Or if I get chance. I'll take a pic of mine and then hopefully if it's there I know I have to dig deeper to find the connecter

Andy

There is no seperate cable for the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol connected to the radio. All Bluetooth/Voicecontrol wiring is fully integrated into the interior wiring loom. The Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module uses only the CANbus wiring and AUX wiring to communicate with the radio. These wires are Always present at the Quadlock connector of the radio. The presence of the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol wiring can not be checked on the Quadlock connector of the radio.

Got ya.

One shall have to rip this foam out to look deeper when i get time tomorrow.

I shall keep you all updated.